“Average”

Ranked #3 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Stratham, New Hampshire
“Average”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

It's not like it use to be... Musty smell when you first walk in, grounds unkept, out dated lobby area. Very few guest and little staff, but friendly, nice room and was clean, elevator under repair. Would be a good location horror movie. We chose not to eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on the food.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OPCR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Enjoyed my stay at the Cortina Inn! Especially as they are pet friendly so my cocker spaniel Joey loved coming along with us on our road trip to Vermont. They charge $25 extra for our dog. The lobby has a seating area that surrounds a central wood burning fireplace and is really nice to sit around, read a book, play a game or drink wine. I love the sight and warmth of a fireplace at night and in the morning. It just gives me a really warm feeling instead. Throughout the lobby they had nice seating areas with comfortable couches. My only complaint would be that there are TOO many patterns on the carpet and furniture, overwhelming your eyes. They should have more solid, neutral fabrics in the room to offset the other patterns.

My room had a comfortable king bed and had a back door that opened out onto the back "garden" which consisted of a small pond, bridge, benches and a gazebo on the hill. There was also a shuffle ball court? which I am not familiar with so I didnt use it. My dog joey enjoyed his morning walk out there. Make sure to lock this back door as it appeared someone had tried to break into it earlier. I didnt have any problems but did notice it when returning.

The indoor pool is nice and does have a deep end of 10 feet. It was great for swimming laps and a comfortable temperature. The hot tub was working and not too hot but I preferred the pool. Down the stairs were the locker rooms with saunas (closed) and gym which seemed dated but in working condition.

Breakfast in the morning was varied and satisfying. Not gourmet or anything but filled me up. They had french toast, eggs, sausage, corned beef hash, potatoes, hot and cold cereal varities, bagels, toast, fruit, juice, hot chocolate, coffee and make-your-own waffles. I enjoyed the waffle and hot chocolate best. We had no problems with the food running out and the manager constantly checked to make sure it was not empty.

As I am from out of town, I am not familiar with the history of the inn. But from what I experienced, I would definitely return and stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Highway noise very noticable...Room smelled musty, shower water was luke warm. Beds were firm, linens clean. Staff were very helpful in checking in,Travel Zoo lost the reservation they alowed us to use their computer to get it squared away... Could not use the hot tub because the water was near scalding... No elevator/lift..difficult to schlep the bags up a flight of stairs...The free breakfast was just ok...would probably pick another place next time...

Room Tip: any room to the right of the desk, second floor, opposite side of the highway...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
H2Oaquadog
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We recently spent the evening here while traveling to go to the Green Mountain Pug 10th Annual Social in Killington, VT. When we arrived, the woman who met us at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. They even had out dog treats for all the pugs in the hotel. The room was recently remodeled and incredibly clean! Breakfast in the morning was wonderful! This is a great place and I would surely stay here again. This hotel was packed with pugs, and everyone we ran into was very accomodating. The only thing I would say, and this has nothing to do with the hotel...if you are looking for somewhere to eat, DO NOT GO to the Tap House across the street. The worst food we have ever had, was had here.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room with a door that lets you enter and exit from it so you don't have t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were attending a wedding down the road and decided to stay here for the night. It was the end of May, the very opposite of ski season. The hotel was pretty empty and reminded me of the Shining. However, the renovated room was very nice! The king size bed was comfy, and the bathroom was clean and spacious. We paid a good price, so we were pleasantly surprised. We would definitely come back during ski season!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed only one night at the Cortina, but we were impressed with the renovations that had been completed. Our room had a brand new bathroom with lovely granite counter top. The room was large (we had two double beds) and comfy. Since we were on the first floor, we had a back door which opened up to a little patio. Were also able to bring our luggage in through the back door, as there were parking spaces close by, and, therefore, we didn't have to carry our luggage through the lobby and down the hall. The room darkening curtains are quite effective.

The Cortina Inn is definitely a ski lodge and has the feel of such especially considering there is a large fire place and sitting area next to the lobby. So if you are looking for a five star, upscale place, I would suggest you go elsewhere. It's an inn in the mountains of Vermont. It's quaintness is charming as well as the innkeepers. They were friendly, helpful and available. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room - super quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Gilford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I had a very nice time at the Cortina Inn and Resort the Front desk were so plesant.
The room was recently renovated. Clean 2 queen bedroom, with a nice renovated bath.
Breakfast was a hot buffet. The beds were so comfortable. Nice trendy shampoo and soaps were in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
The Vermont Inn
The Vermont Inn
#2 of 3 in Mendon

Been to Cortina Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!