“Charming and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Vermont Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
“Charming and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I booked a trip for my fiancé as a Christmas present because he loves to snowboard. We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before. We loved it! The staff was amazing and very helpful. They offered to make reservations for us, were very knowledgeable about the area, and were very accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and they had something new every day. They also made amazing baked goods, like cookies and muffins. Overall I would definitely recommend it for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Bigflrt143

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Mike and Emily are amazing! With phenomenal customer service and a "I feel like we are best friends already" attitude, they made our stay perfect!

We stayed in a "Deluxe" room, which included a fireplace, walk-in closet, spacious bathroom, very nice bed and lots of natural light.

They provide a wholesome and well-rounded breakfast each morning with a beautiful presentation. We never left hungry.

Want to try an amazing beer? Mike and Emily serve Trapp Lager at the bar, which is hard to find around the Killington area. Excellent beer!

Don't forget to hit the sauna and outdoor hot tub as well!

Look no further...The Vermont Inn is where you need to go. Simply the best!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank megn28
Westerly, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

A group of friends and I went to the Vermont Inn for a ski trip. The owners are super friendly (but they dont talk your ears off), super flexible with EVERYTHING. I requested a specific room, and they even warn me ahead of time about the water pressure in that room I requested. Halfway through the trip, they offer us another room for no additional cost just to have a better shower and space. They are so helpful in many ways.
And the breakfast!!!!!! Oh my goodness, SUPER delicious. All my friends and I said we would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Room D is on the lower level. It accomodate more than 2 people which is why we chose it, but the wat...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank brokenricepot
Central Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I booked a room here for a quick in-state staycation to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had reserved Room J and were pleasantly surprised to receive a free upgrade to Room 7 - a suite with a two-person Jacuzzi tub (which was AWESOME!!!). I was kind of surprised that most of the furniture appeared to be reproduction and not antique, but that didn't detract from the overall charm.

The innkeepers were super nice and personable. Appreciated returning at 9:45pm from a show at the Paramount Theater (about 10 minutes away in Rutland - just off Route 4, very convenient location!), to fresh baked cookies and hot tea in the common room. Breakfast was fine - honestly not fantastic (my husband's omelet and sausage links seemed a bit greasy; my coconut French toast was a bit bland) but I liked the selection of fresh fruit and was glad they had a decent selection of herbal tea. And of course it goes without saying that they had real maple syrup. :)

We spent most of our time at the Inn in our room, so we can't really review the public spaces. Our room was immaculate and we really thought the upgrade was neat. (thanks again!!) One criticism however, was that the room was HOT. Hot hot hot hot hot. Mid-day it didn't seem to be a problem but at night, despite turning down the thermostat to 50, it had to be near 80 degrees in the room. This was hours after the gas fireplace had been turned off so that wasn't the problem - the heat was cranking from the baseboard heater. I ended up having to open a window as we were sweltering. Just an FYI to the innkeepers that they might want to look into this? Also - I like a firm mattress, but the bed (and pillows) just wasn't comfortable to me. I tend to be picky in this regard so maybe others would disagree with that assessment.

In summary we definitely would stay here again - friendly service and an immaculate room made for a lovely getaway. I might select a different room the next time we stay here (for a mattress that's more to our liking) but I'm guessing it could've been a fluke that our room seemed so hot.

Our rating for The Vermont Inn would be a solid 4.5 stars. :)

Room Tip: LOVED the two-person Jacuzzi tub in Room 7 (suite)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VTwanderlust
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Vermont inn over the holiday weekend in January and want to thank the innkeepers, Mike and Emiy, for ensuring our stay was everything I could have hoped for. They were extremely friendly, warm and welcoming and were always there to help with whatever we needed. The inn was beautiful and had a charm all it's own. We look forward to our next stay as soon as we have time.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jstan36
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I do not usually write reviews, however felt compelled this time.
This inn was a great find for my husband and I. Fit all of our requests. Close to mountain to ski, price was not exorbitant, very clean, our room was beautiful. Fireplace in room, hot tub downstairs. Inn keepers...Emily was delightful.. Her husband a good cook. Would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our queen suite was lovely? Room service not included... Not necessary..
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jshafer
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I recently was fortunate enough to stay at the Vermont Inn for a ski weekend, and I must say that I was extremely pleased. I usually do not leave reviews but the level of service I received here made me want to share my experience. Michael & Emily went above and beyond anything you would expect, they made us feel completely at home. I do not usually stay in bed and breakfast but they have won me over. I will be staying with them every time I am anywhere in the Killington area. The room was comfortable, cozy, yet spacious at the same time. Breakfast every morning is a can't miss. Trust me you will not regret one second of your time at the Vermont Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrManBoston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland - Killington
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort
Mountain Sports Inn
Mountain Sports Inn
#4 of 14 in Killington

Been to The Vermont Inn? Share your experiences!