“Perfect Location! Fantastic 3-day Stay”
Review of The Vermont Inn

The Vermont Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Mathews, Virginia
“Perfect Location! Fantastic 3-day Stay”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I visited during Peak Leaf color. This location was perfect for accessing many areas of the state from viewing the beautiful countryside, SOooo many covered bridges, ferrying on Lake Champlain, touring breweries, Ben & Jerry's, Cabot.....it was endless! The location is beautiful with awesome views in a quiet location. I loved seeing the original photos of the Inn and the families who lived there. I would have liked to see more on the history. Our room was VERY clean and the Queen size bed was just dreamy and Oh, so comfortable! The bathroom was very clean and fresh. The television was small (I don't watch television) so I was very pleased to read my book in the lovely sitting area in our large room. Very nice! Emily and Michael were perfect hosts! There were yummy homemade cookies everyday and evening. Breakfast choices were available every morning with each day offering something extra special. It was perfect. We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Different rooms offer different amenities.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brroom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I recently rented the entire Inn for our daughters wedding. Members from both families stayed for two nights and we all had a terrific time. The ceremony was held on the front lawn and the reception in the dinning area , dancing in the bar and socializing in the living area. The younger crowd piled into the hot tub at 2 in the morning.
Emily and Michael were wonderful hosts. They attended to all our needs and everything went off without a hitch. They were both simply awesome! .
My wife and I will be back for more treks to the Green Mountains and my daughter and her new husband I'm sure will do the same. .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hilmar S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend 2013. We were at the Inn for two nights. It is a lovely place with very friendly and helpful owners. When we we arrived, they gave us a tour of the inn and showed us to our room. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was more like a suite than a typical hotel room, with an outer foyer, then a step up to the bedroom. Lo and behold, there was a giant two-person jacuzzi tub in the room. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the food was AMAZING and the views from this inn are wonderful. I should also mention that although the inn looks slightly dated, it is very well-kept and doesn't feel old. I will likely be back the next time I am looking for a cozy yet deluxe experience in Vermont. For the price I paid, this was way more than I would have expected!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BostonGal13
Marly-le-Roi, France
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were only there for a night and Emily and Michael immediately gave us the home Vermont experience we were looking for. We had the A suite wich was nice and roomy. I didn't sleep very well,but I can't blame the beds, very comfortables. The Ac was kinda hard to set, though.
Breakfast was delicious and it was overall a very good but somewhat pricey experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Loicbilliau
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife and I recently spent three nights at this lovely, restful Bed and Breakfast. The original building is over 170 years old so it has some creaks and groans but that is part of the charm. The host, Emily and Michael, treated everyone like family and achieved a blend of excellent service in an unobtrusive, laid back manner. Breakfast was a fruit/juice bar and a made to order meal consisting of Coconut French Toast, Blue Pancakes, Omelets, eggs any way, bacon cooked just right, link sausage and toast and of course, Vermont Maple Syrup.
There was an outdoor pool and hot tub, indoor sauna and work out room, tennis court and a trail I dubbed the Enchanted Forrest. All kinds of local attractions like hiking, biking, fishing, boating and on and on. Even though it was August, one lift was running at Killington to take bikers and hikers to the top or you could just ride the loop and enjoy the view. If you are ever in the area, this is the place to stay if you want to kick back, decompress and watch the mountain side.

Room Tip: There is a wide range of room sizes. We were in B on the front and it was great. All rooms on seco...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill9751
West Des Moines
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My family and I stayed at The Vermont Inn for a family wedding. We were traveling with two young children, which isn't always easy; however, Emily and Michael ensured that we had everything that we needed. The room was immaculate and we truly enjoyed the experience of staying at the inn! I give it two thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jessie M
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Vermont Inn is in an almost perfect location for a look at the Green Mountains. It is halfway between Killington and Rutland, right on Rt. 4. The summer views are spectacular. The Inn itself is in transition, with new out-of-town owners and a nice young couple, Emily and Michael, on property. We were upgraded to a lovely room, which had a bathroom almost as big as the bedroom. It was clean and very pleasant, if a little odd with a rather steep step between the kingsize bed and the bathroom. A little scary to negotiate the first night. But the bed was great. The cooked-to-order breakfast was delicious, with plenty of choices, although definitely not upscale. We stayed for three nights and the room was only made up the first day of our stay. We ate breakfast for the first two mornings at the same table. My wife noticed a spot on the tablecloth the first morning and the same tablecloth was there the second day. The negatives were minor, though. It was a pleasant stay with friendly, helpful people who are obviously trying to make the place even better. If you do stay here, we highly recommend two restaurants in Rutland - Table 24 and Roots. Both have varied menus with locally grown and raised produce and meats and both are very, very good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hapauto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
Cortina Inn and Resort

Been to The Vermont Inn? Share your experiences!