“great visit, second year in a row!”
Review of The Vermont Inn

The Vermont Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2014

After a great experience last year, my boyfriend and I returned for a second stay! We came primarily to ski, and loved how we could get up early, eat a delicious breakfast and head to the nearby resorts. We also enjoyed the hot tub and sauna waiting for us after a cold day! The only real downside is the thin walls that separate the rooms. We could hear our neighbor's gentle snoring.... Otherwise, it's a great value and a very sweet place to stay! Emily in particular was great about helping us out with restaurant recs and other needs. Planning on a year three next year...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eab_34

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Inn during a weekend snowboarding trip. The staff is so friendly and accommodating; they went above and beyond to help make our trip better. The inn itself is a picture perfect B&B in the mountains; it felt like home away from home. Our room was clean and cozy and the breakfast was fantastic. We highly recommend the Inn for your next trip to Vermont and know we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The Inn is between a B&B and a Hotel... Emily and Michael were fantastic
hosts. Their dinner recommendations were just what we needed. The French
Toast breakfast is excellent. The Hot Tub was very relaxing after a hard
day on the hill. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit.
Like my home away from home. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: Bigger is better...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for a post-New Years' ski trip to Killington and we couldn't have been happier. The owners were extremely friendly and accommodating. Homemade breakfast every morning was delicious and the rooms were quaint and romantic. We had our own fireplace in the room and it was the coziest experience. We also invited our friends to join us for breakfast each morning and the owners insisted it was on the house--so nice! The outdoor hot tub was also a really nice feature for après ski.

Room Tip: Ask for a fireplace room, if available!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Vermont Inn is a small, family owned, and cozy inn near Killington. The inn is owned by a nice lady and the service is excellent, even though there aren't many staff members. We got a room which was very nice. The beds were comfortable and there were many useful features such as a gas fireplace. Breakfast was incredible and on the mountain I was never hungry. Not only does this inn have excellent rooms, food, and service, it's right next to the Killington Ski Area! I strongly recommend this inn to anyone who wants to go skiing in Killington!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Inn was comfortable cozy and family friendly. Our kids loved breakfast and then sledding on the hill. The Inn was close to Pico and Killington but farther enough away to avoid the crowds. We felt at home there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Vermont Inn near Pico Mountain this weekend. The Inn Keepers were very nice and my room was adequate, nothing fancy. For fancier and more upscale I do recommend the Red Clover Inn down the street. The first night my room was a little too warm and the second night it was cooler. I had no control over the temperature. The WIFI worked great.

Breakfast in the morning was good. The OJ was not fresh squeezed and was adequate. The French Toast the first morning was awesome. The second day I had the cheese omelet that was fine. The put out fresh fruit. The first day had a home made muffin that was awesome, the second day bread not as tasty. Tea and Coffee are at 7:30 and breakfast at 8. The innkeeper who serves you smokes and I would recommend that she smoke after breakfast because talking to her at breakfast, the smell of cigarette smoke was a turn off.

Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort
Greenbrier Inn
Greenbrier Inn
#6 of 14 in Killington

Been to The Vermont Inn? Share your experiences!