My husband and I just returned from an amazing anniversary getaway at the newly renovated and re-opened Red Clover Inn, and we can't recommend this place highly enough. We are loyal guests of this Inn's "sister" property (The Tyler Place in Highgate, VT), and found the owner's same scrupulous attention to comfort, warmth, and elegance here. The feeling is rustic yet graceful (there's little of the kitchy faux-Victorian tweeness often found in other Vemont inns), with wooden beams, fireplaces, and rooms awash in light. Our room (Emma's) was cozy but very comfortable, with skylights, a two-person soaking tub, and a warm French country ambiance. (One minor quibble: there were no shades on the ample windows and skylights.) There was no "check-in" when we arrived, just a very warm welcome from Hector and Andrea, who led us to our room and gave us a tour of the property. Andrea, the massage therapist, made our stay truly memorable. She gave my husband and I the best massages of our life, and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. Hector was singularly gracious, from presiding over the small but well-appointed bar (you must try "Hector's Nector"!), to preparing a roaring bonfire for guests to enjoy after dinner, to thoughtfully bringing a New York Times for my husband (a crossword puzzle junkie.) The Tyler family has also found an absolute treasure in Reggie, the chef who concocts amazing appetizers and meals using locally sourced, often organic, ingredients. The food here is among the best I've had anywhere, at a far more reasonable cost, and with none of the pretension or attitude some destinations offer. Finally, the setting is idyllic: the Red Clover Inn is nestled in a gently rolling landscape of bright green lawns and lovely flowers, with ancient apple trees and a charming pond (complete with ducks). A snow-capped Mt. Pico looms just over the inn, and there's little better in life than soaking in the outdoor hot tub under the amazing stars in this setting. Can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Clover Inn and Restaurant is truly a one-of-a-kind experience where the Tyler Family strives to make our guests feel like personal house guests on a memorable Vermont country holiday. A haven for foodies, sports' enthusiasts, and romantics alike, the Inn and Restaurant are acclaimed for local food with European flair; stylish, comfortable lodging; fireside apres-ski and an award winning wine cellar. With mountain views on all sides and tucked off the main beat on its own private road, you'd never guess the Red Clover Inn and Restaurant is right at the cross-roads of Central Vermont within minutes of Killington and Pico's best skiing, biking and hiking. Whether you come for a brief getaway or an extended vacation, a Vermont wedding or an intimate elopement, you'll find the Red Clover Inn as special in its own way as its "big sister" property, the Tyler Place Family Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Red Clover Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Clover Inn And Restaurant
- Red Clover Inn & Restaurant Hotel Mendon
- Red Clover Inn & Restaurant Vermont/Mendon