“Quaint atmosphere”

Two Brothers Tavern
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Popular bar, restaurant and Lounge in the heart of Middlebury, featuring an award-winning menu of inspired Vermont Comfort fair and more than 24 beers on draught.
Burlington, VT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here three times. This restaurant has an extensive locally sourced pub menu. The food is consistently good, but the service is average to slow. The Cabot cheddar and Ale soup is great and I've had
a tasty Chicken entree for dinner there at a previous visit.

Visited December 2013

Bristol, Vermont
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to spend your time. The kids menu is great..my boys are 7 & 3 so it's tough to find healthy options they will actually eat. This place knows how to make that happen!! Not to mention they brought over a huge bucket of toys to keep them busy! The beer selection is amazing with lots if local choices. Local is the key word at two bros...so much if the food is local! Gluten free options too! Great service and the price is right!! Love this place!!

“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

After a day of skiing at the nearby Middlebuy College Bowl, we stopped in to grab some drinks and a bite to eat. This place was recommended as a great place to get some beers, so we were looking forward to sitting down at the bar, getting a drink, and moving on.

It was pretty crowded, so we waited about 10 minutes to sit down at a table in the back. After being seated, it was a while before anybody came to wait on us - this trend of slow service continued.

We were excited by the great selection of draft beers, but we were told that all of our first choices were out... Bummed, we then debated on alternatives, only to discover that most of those were not available either... by the time we figured out a drink that we wanted that they actually had, all enthusiasm was gone.

To munch on, we ordered the putin. This was by default delicious, but it also took a while to come out.

I'd like to come back and try some of their main menu items, but this experience was a disappointment.

• Visited February 2014
MokieVermont, Owner at Two Brothers Tavern, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear AYachanin,

Thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to review us. Please accept my humblest apologies for your less than satisfactory visit. I was hoping I might be able to learn some more information from your experience so that I might be able to ensure that what happened to you is not repeated.

We work very diligently (believe it or not) to update our beer offerings twice daily. Could you tell me more specifically when you were in and what you may have ordered that we were out of? If I know when you were in or who your server was, I can pinpoint better which staff to talk to in an effort to fix the issue.

Thank you, again, for your patronage and feedback - we appreciate both greatly!

Holmes Jacobs
Owner/GM
Two Brothers Tavern
Fort Myers, Florida
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I asked my boyfriend how we should review this and his response was simply, "no!" Our service was poor and the food was nothing special. The only thing I really liked about the meal was the tasty Drop In Brewery beer!

MokieVermont, General Manager at Two Brothers Tavern, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your patronage and feedback. As a mall business we are very sensitive to how such reviews can adversely affect future business, and we would like to learn more from your less than satisfactory experience. Can you tell us why your service was bad and why you felt your meal wasn't special? This way we can use your feedback as a tool to better educate our staff and to help ensure that no one suffers the same experience you did.

Holmes Jacobs
Owner/GM, Two Brothers Tavern
Mamaroneck
“A really great restaurant hiding behind a pub-like exterior.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

On the outside, you'd expect this place to serve the usual pub grub fare, you know, fried food and plenty of it. But the menu is extensive and daring with a lot of unique selections. It's the kind of menu you'll have trouble with. Everything sounds so good that its hard to choose just one item. That's why I make it a point of always coming back here whenever I am in Vermont!

• Visited November 2013