“Thought it would be stuff”
Review of Morgan's Tavern

Morgan's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Morgan's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 48 Restaurants in Middlebury
Price range: US$16 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Morgan's Tavern is located in the Historic Middlebury Inn. Serving Breakfast daily from 7am to 10am, Lunch Mon-Fri 11am to 2pm and Dinner Tue-Sun 5:30pm to 9pm. Serving locally sourced food and beverage in a comfortable atmosphere. Seasonal outdoor dining.
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Just ate here with a client....YUM! On a bit of a veggie kick these days so I had the soup to start, roasted red peppers, asparagus etc...REALLY GOOD. Could have had another bowl. Nice kick. The main course the roasted beet salad, very tasty too. My dinner partners had the crab stuffed haddock and that looked good too. Wish their wine list was better though!

Our waitress was nice, never filled my empty water glass, but nice.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed at the Inn and decided to eat here for convenience. Menu was more traditional American. We both started with clam chowder which was nice. I had New York strip which was excellent. My wife had shrimp and grits which she said was outstanding. I tried the grits - I don't get why people eat grits.

Wait staff was helpful and pleasant. The restaurant should be higher on the rating scale. Our visit was excellent!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is the inn restaurant at the Middlebury Inn, and though the menu was not huge, everything we tried was very good. The strawberry soup was listed as a long-time offering, so I tried it - it was delicious, but sweet like a good strawberry frappe would be. I had a caesar salad, my husband tried a different soup and one of the specials (turkeyburger) and said both were excellent.
It would be a little pricier than other places perhaps, but it is a nice setting, and would be a good place for a business lunch or a dressier occasion. And the food will be good.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We had breakfast there both mornings we stayed at the inn. It was such a delicious and filling start to the day. The worst part about the breakfast is trying to decide what to order because it all looks and tastes so good. Had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon one day, full egg meal (potatoes, English muffin, bacon) the second day but got one pancake on the side so I could still enjoy VT syrup. My partner had the egg meal both days. She usually doesn't finish a meal but she basically licked the plate each time. It comes with hot beverage and juice too. It was nice to have such a filling meal because then we just snacked through the day and had dinner out later. We also ate lunch here the first day which was so good. Started with the incomparable chilled strawberry soup for me and a special porcini mushroom soup for my partner. Then the tavern burger with ham, cheese, and onions on top (although I skipped the onions) for me and the chicken sandwich with pulled Misty Knolls chicken for her. We both got the fresh cut fries. Ended with the chocolate lava cake with Lake Champlain chocolate in the center. We never ate dinner here but would highly recommend for breakfast and lunch. Quality ingredients, beautiful presentation, excellent service, lovely atmosphere. Will absolutely return. Oh yeah, and bought some strawberry soup to bring home which I just enjoyed thoroughly!

Reviewed 15 January 2013

My wife and I found ourselves in Middlebury for New Year ’s Eve so we went to Morgan’s Tavern. The hotel appeared to have several events going on that night, we were lucky to get one of the last reservations. The service was good, the food was good, we couldn’t decide on 2 appetizers so we ended ordering an extra one to split. Overall our experience was very good and we will stop in the next time we are in Middlebury.

1  Thank Terrence G