On the Creek Bed & Breakfast
Hotels.com
US$243
US$169
Basin Harbor Club
Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites(Ticonderoga)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$141
BestWestern.com
US$89
Priceline
US$89
US$80
TripAdvisor
All reviewsorganic breakfastinteresting hostsmiddlebury collegeperfect spotamazing breakfastsconescanoeporchtown
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at On the Creek B&B the second weekend in February (Valentine's Day Weekend). Gary and Zelia were excellent hosts - the room we stayed in shares a bathroom with one other room, but it was never a problem and everything was very clean. The beds are comfortable, and the room was actually quite spacious, with a desk and chairs. It was also nice having silent heating in the room while there during the winter weekend (lots of snow). The B&B is conveniently situated a short 2 minute drive into downtown Middlebury.

Gary and Zelia also make excellent breakfasts and coffee! We really enjoyed their frothed milk coffee to go with local yogurt, granola, fruit compote, spinach omelettes, and 4-grain pancakes! The combination of good food and good conversation really made our stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I can only echo the previous positive reviews…my husband and I had a wonderful stay with Gary and Zelia while in Middlebury to attend our son's Feb graduation. The winter nights in their house were cozy and comfortable - we had everything we needed.

I think my favorite part of staying there was visiting with Gary and Zelia for an hour (or two?) the night we arrived. It was so interesting to learn about how their lives led them to Middlebury. The eggs florentine for breakfast the next morning stands out as my favorite meal.

Kind of makes me wish our son hadn't graduated yet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Peaceful, idyllic setting, with rolling lawns and a deck with a hammock! The canoe set down by otter creek totally capped this visit off! Super comfortable bed, and warm, homey feel. I would recommend this place highly and without reservation!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colomagirl
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My friends, Gary and Zelia, made my family feel so welcome this past weekend...actually, I've just met Gary and Zelia. After the weekend however, I don't feel that I stayed in an inn or a hotel to drop off my daughter for her freshman year at Middlebury. I feel like my friends welcomed me and created the perfect environment to relax, rather than fret, over our first born's departure from home.

From delightful conversations on the porch, to canoeing on the creek (my son and husband), to a wonderful and organic breakfast, nothing could be improved on our stay.

Thank you Zelia and Gary for creating this most splendid environment for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

There are times when you look back on a holiday and smile. Staying with Zelia and Gary is such a time. From the moment you arrive at the historic, old brick inn you feel welcome. Unfortunately, we were only staying for two nights and wish it could have of been more. The setting is relaxed an informal with an overriding feeling that there has been care and thought given to every aspect of your stay. The house is beautifully set in grounds that make their way down to the creek and there is an abundance of wildlife. The breakfast has a genuine organic feel with everything from the fresh fruit to spinach omelettes being prepared as you sit on the veranda overlooking the garden.It was also great to share time after breakfast with our hosts hearing about the area, their travels and plans for the future. We went away feeling relaxed and very pleased with our choice. Well done Zelia and Gary!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple