“A great stop on the Vermont Brewery Tour”

Otter Creek Brewing
Ranked #3 of 21 things to do in Middlebury
More attraction details
Owner description: In 2015 we broke ground on a brand new, 120-barrel brew house. This state-of-the-art facility will expand our capacity and allow us to deliver more of our deliciously dank beers to bottles cans and kegs everywhere. Phase one of this project included a complete renovation of our pub and restaurant space. On the heels of upgrades to our packaging and production facilities, our brand new, mid-century inspired digs reflect the commitment we've made to our brand and the collective creative juices the keep our brewery running. We invite you to hop on the bus and join us on our cosmic journey of craft. Pub and Restaurant open daily from 11am - 6pm serving a locally-sourced selection of tasty treats with a healthy dose of delicious brews served straight from our stash to your glass.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Otter Creek actually bottles three brands – Otter Creek, Shed and Wolaver’s organic beer. I love the way this place is designed – you can watch the whole bottling process while you sit at the bar a sip a beer. Lots of locals come here for lunch – they have good sandwiches. Otter Creek is now owned by Long Trail. A new hard cider brewery is opening nearby!

1  Thank surfinginflorida

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Unfortunately, during my last visit to Otter Creek Brewery I was informed that they only fill their own branded growlers. I was told by the woman behind the counter that this is due to the fact that Otter Creek wants to make sure the growlers are clean before filling them. I assured the staff that my double walled stainless steel growler was cleaned prior to arriving but was still turned away. Somehow, I don't understand how having a "Otter Creek" printed on a glass growler guarantees it's cleanness. I've had my stainless large mouth growler filled there previously and at nearly all other VT breweries with no problem. I ride a motorcycle and really don't like the idea of a 1/2 gallon glass growler strapped to my back over my trusted stainless one. Personally, I feel that it is socially irresponsible to expect customers to have dozens of growlers just so brewers can have their own logo displayed.... Good thing the other brewery in town actually encourages customers to use reusable stainless steel growlers.

Ben B, Guest Relations Manager at Otter Creek Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi Jessica, we’re sorry to read this and can understand your frustration. While we wish we were able to fill all types of growlers, we are mandated by Vermont state law and the Department of Liquor Control from doing so. In order to meet state sanitation guidelines, we're required to only fill our own, cleaned and sanitized growlers.

Otter Creek branded growlers brought in by our customers are exchanged for pre-sanitized growlers prior to filling in order to best comply with DLC regulations. While we can’t comment on the policies of other breweries, full compliance with state guidelines is very important to us. We hope this adds some clarity to our policy and apologize that you were not informed of this in more detail during your visit.

We’d like to invite you back to the brewery as our guest to make this right. If you’re able to send us an email at: info@ottercreekbrewing.com with your contact information, management will reach out with more details. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We have had their beer before so we decided to visit the brewery. The atmosphere was bright and cheery. The beer was very good and reasonably priced. We also ordered their beer pretzels which were served warm and fresh with mustard. My husband also ordered their chili which was served with toasted sourdough bread and was perfect in taste and temperature.Service was attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend this brew pub.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I've worked in Middlebury for 20 years and I had no idea that the brewery was ever open for more than tours. Went with a friend after work and it was so good! We had buffalo chicken nachos and beer. I'm not even a beer drinker, but the copper was really good. Staff was really friendly.
Really looking forward to my next visit :)

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I highly suggest the 6 beer sampler and the meat platter. Also, the coffee porter goes fantastic with the maple nuts on the sample food tray!! And the Wolavers wildflower wheat is pretty much the most delicious thing ever!!