“Sophisticated and Comfortable Chinese Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Huntington, New York
“Sophisticated and Comfortable Chinese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We always hesitate to eat Chinese food away from a metropolitan area but we were pleasantly suprised by the quality of food and variety of choices at the Magic Wok.
The lunch specials gave you soup, a small spring roll, and an entree, plus the usual tea, for what a Whopper Burger would cost; and it was much healthier and tasty.
The staff was courteous and pleasant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Great Chinese Food, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice Chinese Resturant. Lots of parking, and easy to get to. The staff is very nice and very attentive. The menu is extensive, and easy to read. The food comes quickly, and is delicious. Very good value.

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“The magic is the filth ... This is a, "Once Upon a Time"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I don't live near here anymore. The last time I went to the Magic Wok was ten years ago when the food was fabulous and I didn't see any filth. My dad used to take "us" there throughout the years.

I heard a story that they closed down and tried their unsellable magic in NY. They moved back and opened a slop house on Route 7. I'm here on business and went with a friend. The place wasn't busy. Walking OUT I saw a totally filthy door. The inside looked less than mediocre. I had a small tasteless eggroll with few (and "few" may be too many) ingredients. My meal was the mu shu pork. The hoisin could've held a cast-iron spoon upright in it. The wrappers could easily be used for burritos.

There was no magic and had I noticed the filth sooner, I would've "wok'd" out. They should not be serving food here because goodness knows what ungodly filth exists in the kitchen. They're long past their prime and are 6' in the grave. Bury them and stay far away.

I really don't believe the five star votes. I'm not surprised they're open Xmas Eve and Day. They really need the business. I watched the carryout and that wasn't what appeared to be carrying them...

VT needs some sort of sanitary grading system but that won't happen with all the cutbacks...

• Visited April 2013
Vermont
“Once Upon a Time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

The "...Wok" has been our mainstay Chinese restaurant for years :{-)> but someone with odd or no taste has hexed the place. :-{(>

Hot and Sour soup was good, Vapid fu yong sauce, chow mein with garlic? We WILL try again in a while: the people are very nice,

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Crown Point, New York
“This food is excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this small Chinese cuisine restaurant. We were amazed at the service and tastes. We shall be back again!