“Unique and personal "indie" b&b”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
A Room in the Village Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Called Patty at the 11th hour and was lucky enough to get a beautiful room there. Not one for tchotchke filled victorian houses, this house was rather filled with clean, tasteful furnishings and beautiful art, mostly Patty's accomplished paintings. The "service" was the most personal I've experienced and my teenaged college-touring daughter was delighted as well. It felt more like being a guest in someone's home than a hotel experience - with an intelligent, talented and warm host. Will hopefully return to the area and to this lovely home.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank photomom55
There are newer reviews for A Room in the Village Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had a lovely stay here. The location is easy, and the rooms were private and comfortable. Breakfast was home-cooked. Patty is an artist with discerning taste, and the house is full of beautiful art but not in an intimidating way. The atmosphere couldn't be warmer, and Patty and Guntram couldn't be nicer. We felt so lucky to have found this gem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pappilan
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Patty made my first trip to Vermont very personal with her warm personality and sweet touches upon my visit. I was her only guest on a rainy Tuesday night, and she welcomed me with open arms. Her house is a very bright and happy place filled with her artistic touches. It is not fancy but very comfortable and quite clean. Patty's little touches such as sending along a pot of tea and fresh fruit with me when I turned in a little early for the evening to my room, the lavish breakfast set just for me, and a little bag of treats for the car really made me love my stay at A Room in the Village. I'll definitely go back if I'm in the area ever again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RBec78
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A Room in the Village is a true gem. Patricia and Guntram were gracious hosts who couldn't have been more welcoming. My room was lovely and comfortable with a private bath only four steps down the hall. All of the rooms were reserved by visitors participating in a local road race, so Patricia and Guntram thoughtfully made sure that our delicious breakfast was geared to our nutritional needs - very much appreciated! The best part was being surrounded by Patricia's whimsical paintings - I loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Didn't end up staying here but the great customer service deserves a review. After emailing an inquiry, I received a very warm reply that yes, a room was available. I needed to check with my companion as our plans were not quite firm yet. A few hours later, Patricia phoned to tell me she had another interested party, thus giving me first chance at the room even though I'd paid no deposit (and hadn't yet replied to her email). I just thought that was so nice to clear it with me first. We're ending up staying in Massachussets otherwise we'd definitely stay here!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simplycath
Reviewed 6 May 2013

A Room in the Village was wonderful. The owners, Patty and Guntram made us feel right at home, much needed after a long drive to VT. They greeted us warmly when we came in, showed us around their clean, neatly displayed, sunlit, welcoming home. We stayed in the suite which has a loft and a large bathroom with double sinks…it was perfect. Everything was clean, the bed was comfortable, lots of books to read for our pleasure (wish we had more time to stay longer and enjoy them) and plenty of room for storage. Patty knew that we were participating in a race the next day so she made the effort of researching the best breakfasts for runners…the next day we had homemade granola with fresh berries, cinnamon raisin toast, etc. and everything was organic. We enjoyed Patty and Guntram’s company over breakfast and we really did not want to go home later that day. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in or around Middlebury. We plan to book a room here the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the loft. It was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed in A Room in the Village for 4 nights and it was a great time; Patty our host was so warm and welcoming, she made us feel more like friends than guests.
Breakfast was a treat (Patty was very accommodating with dietary restrictions, even offering vegan breakfast) and conversations around the table with other guests were a real pleasure.
Our hosts had good suggestions of where to go, where to eat and things to do in Middlebury. Though we ended up spending quite a bit of time in our room; the bed is so comfortable and there's a great little reading loft - very cool place to hang out and relax. Plus, there's original artwork around each corner :)
I would highly recommend A Room in the Village.

Room Tip: the rooms on the top floor have reading lofts and ensuite bathrooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phoneyboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Middlebury Inn
#2 of 11 in Middlebury
Greystone Motel
Greystone Motel
#3 of 3 in Middlebury

Been to A Room in the Village Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!