A Room in the Village Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Middlebury
See available hotels
Middlebury Inn(Middlebury)
Courtyard Middlebury(Middlebury)
Basin Harbor(Vergennes)
Green Acres Motel(Ticonderoga)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Called Patty at the 11th hour and was lucky enough to get a beautiful room there. Not one for tchotchke filled victorian houses, this house was rather filled with clean, tasteful furnishings and beautiful art, mostly Patty's accomplished paintings. The "service" was the most personal I've experienced and my teenaged college-touring daughter was delighted as well. It felt more like being a guest in someone's home than a hotel experience - with an intelligent, talented and warm host. Will hopefully return to the area and to this lovely home.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank photomom55
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had a lovely stay here. The location is easy, and the rooms were private and comfortable. Breakfast was home-cooked. Patty is an artist with discerning taste, and the house is full of beautiful art but not in an intimidating way. The atmosphere couldn't be warmer, and Patty and Guntram couldn't be nicer. We felt so lucky to have found this gem.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pappilan
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Patty made my first trip to Vermont very personal with her warm personality and sweet touches upon my visit. I was her only guest on a rainy Tuesday night, and she welcomed me with open arms. Her house is a very bright and happy place filled with her artistic touches. It is not fancy but very comfortable and quite clean. Patty's little touches such as sending along a pot of tea and fresh fruit with me when I turned in a little early for the evening to my room, the lavish breakfast set just for me, and a little bag of treats for the car really made me love my stay at A Room in the Village. I'll definitely go back if I'm in the area ever again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RBec78
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A Room in the Village is a true gem. Patricia and Guntram were gracious hosts who couldn't have been more welcoming. My room was lovely and comfortable with a private bath only four steps down the hall. All of the rooms were reserved by visitors participating in a local road race, so Patricia and Guntram thoughtfully made sure that our delicious breakfast was geared to our nutritional needs - very much appreciated! The best part was being surrounded by Patricia's whimsical paintings - I loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Didn't end up staying here but the great customer service deserves a review. After emailing an inquiry, I received a very warm reply that yes, a room was available. I needed to check with my companion as our plans were not quite firm yet. A few hours later, Patricia phoned to tell me she had another interested party, thus giving me first chance at the room even though I'd paid no deposit (and hadn't yet replied to her email). I just thought that was so nice to clear it with me first. We're ending up staying in Massachussets otherwise we'd definitely stay here!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple