“Great weekend!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Room in the Village Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
A Room in the Village Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Durham, CT
“Great weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My visit to see my daughter at Middlebury College this weekend was made even more enjoyable with my two night stay at this lovely B & B! Patty made me feel at home instantly. By the time I left 2 days later, I felt I had made a new friend. The room was immaculate, the bed comfy, and I had two very restful nights there. The two breakfasts were delicious. No repetition with the menu, although I would have been happy to eat either breakfast twice in a row. I will stay there again the next time I'm in Middlebury!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oaxacafan13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I am not one to write reviews. In fact, I think this is the first one i've ever done for tripadvisor. The reason I'm doing this is to let everyone know the cold, hard truth about everything you're reading about "A Room in the Village" and the hosts. they are accurate. Patty (and Guntram) are the most genuinely kind and interesting people you'll ever meet running a B&B. The beds are AMAZINGLY comfortable (Blue Room has a "to die for" pillowtop, while the Suite has a large, comfy king). The furnishings are plentiful. The breakfasts are gourmet. The amenities top-notch. I (no joke), bring toilet paper everywhere I travel. I hate cheap TP. Never used my own at the Room.... I say that not to be obnoxious. I say that to prove that Patty considers every little detail about what makes good "great," and what makes great "unforgettable." Do yourself a favor, and book ahead of time to stay at "A Room in the Village" when traveling in Vermont. I've NEVER stayed anywhere where I truly felt like family with the host(s). And keep your own TP for the other places.... :) What are you waiting for?

Room Tip: Every room is great with its own unique personality. suite and blue room are top notch!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank T W
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Called Patty at the 11th hour and was lucky enough to get a beautiful room there. Not one for tchotchke filled victorian houses, this house was rather filled with clean, tasteful furnishings and beautiful art, mostly Patty's accomplished paintings. The "service" was the most personal I've experienced and my teenaged college-touring daughter was delighted as well. It felt more like being a guest in someone's home than a hotel experience - with an intelligent, talented and warm host. Will hopefully return to the area and to this lovely home.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank photomom55
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We had a lovely stay here. The location is easy, and the rooms were private and comfortable. Breakfast was home-cooked. Patty is an artist with discerning taste, and the house is full of beautiful art but not in an intimidating way. The atmosphere couldn't be warmer, and Patty and Guntram couldn't be nicer. We felt so lucky to have found this gem.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pappilan
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Patty made my first trip to Vermont very personal with her warm personality and sweet touches upon my visit. I was her only guest on a rainy Tuesday night, and she welcomed me with open arms. Her house is a very bright and happy place filled with her artistic touches. It is not fancy but very comfortable and quite clean. Patty's little touches such as sending along a pot of tea and fresh fruit with me when I turned in a little early for the evening to my room, the lavish breakfast set just for me, and a little bag of treats for the car really made me love my stay at A Room in the Village. I'll definitely go back if I'm in the area ever again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank RBec78
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

A Room in the Village is a true gem. Patricia and Guntram were gracious hosts who couldn't have been more welcoming. My room was lovely and comfortable with a private bath only four steps down the hall. All of the rooms were reserved by visitors participating in a local road race, so Patricia and Guntram thoughtfully made sure that our delicious breakfast was geared to our nutritional needs - very much appreciated! The best part was being surrounded by Patricia's whimsical paintings - I loved it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
southern Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Didn't end up staying here but the great customer service deserves a review. After emailing an inquiry, I received a very warm reply that yes, a room was available. I needed to check with my companion as our plans were not quite firm yet. A few hours later, Patricia phoned to tell me she had another interested party, thus giving me first chance at the room even though I'd paid no deposit (and hadn't yet replied to her email). I just thought that was so nice to clear it with me first. We're ending up staying in Massachussets otherwise we'd definitely stay here!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simplycath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Courtyard Middlebury
#3 of 3 in Middlebury
Chipman Inn
Chipman Inn
#1 of 1 in Ripton

Been to A Room in the Village Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!