“Disappointing visit”

Sabai Sabai
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had been to Sabai Sabai several times in the past and had wonderful meals. I especially liked their sushi. I went there this time specifically to get sushi, but there was a sign in the dining room indicating they were no longer serving sushi. I was very disappointed but decided to eat there anyway. Then I ordered a curry dish "mild", but it was too hot to eat. I had them remake it and got it to go. It was delicious when I finally ate it, but it made for a less than fun couples night out.

1  Thank earthnutvt
There are newer reviews for Sabai Sabai

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A solid Thai restaurant that is willing to make it authentically hot if you ask.
Right in the downtown area. Great service. Nice, spacious room.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

During our recent college tour over spring break to Middlebury, we found Sabai Sabai Thai Restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised how enjoyable our meal was and how nice our server (a UC Santa Cruz) graduate was. The food was tasty, portions were good sized and the prices were reasonable. Now this place is not a fancy restaurant, but it's perfect for a college town or families visiting colleges. If we come back to Middlebury, we would not hesitate to come back for another meal here.

1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Finally ate here after passing it a hundred times. What a surprise! This place has a major menu with most of the Thai classics and a few new twists on the theme. After we ordered, I saw they have a Japanese menu too so I ordered a dish called Yellowtail Banzai that was very nicely presented slices of sashimi in a nice citrusy gingery sauce. Had a ginger dish with ginger/scallion/fungus that was very nice, with just the right amount of heat (substantial in our case) that we had ordered. The Tom Kha Gai was as good as it gets. And a great, fun server. We'll be stopping in regularly.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My troop of older HS Girl Scouts planned this weekend of skiing, B&B and restaurants completely on their own, and we loved every minute of it. We wanted something ethnic, but also were on a strict budget. Sabai Sabai was authentic Thai food, which is one of my favorites, but because I am allergic to coconut milk, I tend to shy away from. But the menu was extensive and there were plenty of choices even for someone who can't eat one of the key ingredients in Thai food. Just the right spice level, large portions so we had leftovers, and busy college-town atmosphere. great waitstaff, and the food was excellent.