“A B and B that gets it right.”
Review of Inn on the Green

Inn on the Green
Ranked #2 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Islesford, Maine
“A B and B that gets it right.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our family just stayed again at the Inn on the Green. In fact we 'took over' the Carriage House on the occasion of my daughter's graduation at Middlebury College. The ownership has changed since my last visit, but the place is even better and the owners even more helpful. They know how to help and yet not too much in your face. Breakfasts are wonderful, and brought to the rooms promptly. Coffee and treats available 24/7. (OK : the coffee could be stronger, but that's likely my taste). It is expensive, but the place is good. I hope to have another reason to stay at the Inn soon.

Room Tip: Having stayed in both the Inn building and the Carriage House, I prefer the Carriage House rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Palisades, New York
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The inn is well appointed and has a lovely staff. The rooms are fresh and airy with lots of towels. The breakfast was great as well! Lovely people here. Jenny was particularly nice and gave my car a jump when I needed it. They even contacted me when I forgot my PJs in the bathroom! Thanks.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wavy J
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I adored staying at the Inn on the Green. I stayed for a week in January, and it was so cute and cozy. My room had two beds with towels/linens and plenty of towels. I loved the set-up and fresh scent of the room. They bring you breakfast from a delicious local bakery every morning, right at the time that you specify. I looked forward to it every morning. And, they remembered that I prefer soy products. The staff were so welcoming and helpful - Elizabeth checked me in and got me all settled, and Jennifer and Brenda and Wendy brought me breakfast in the winter weather with very positive attitudes. The awesome people and service at this Inn really make it special. I would definitely recommend and return to this place! It's just a short walk from Middlebury and near the shops and restaurants downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wzhou
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a wonderful place! The historic building, my room, the breakfast delivered to the room and the staff made my day. I was in town interviewing for a position and it was so nice to come back there after the busy, stressful day. They all catered to my every need and Jen, who was managing the inn in the owners absence, especially went out of her way to help me with a problem. Hopefully, I will get the job and then I can refer everyone here!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BandiLover
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at the Inn on the Green recently and I cannot say enough nice things about my experience. The room was VERY comfortable, nicely decorated, clean and quiet. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating. I was so grateful for their hospitality and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 997carriea
Milton, Vermont
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Was so pleased with the experience that I have been telling all about the trip and the stay. Elizabeth was most gracious and very professional, that she made the stay just in her attitude and helpfulness. The room was outstanding and very comfortable, it had every thing we needed, including the robs. The topper was the in room breakfast, which was such a pleasant change from the hurry and get dressed to make breakfast, the service was great and the pastries and all was so very good. We loved the in mugs and on checking out we got to meet and chat with the owners, which again was very enjoyable. The best was when I asked about the coffee mugs and Brenda said that they had a pair we could purchase, what a treat and great novelty to have from the trip.
I would and am highly recommending the Inn on The Green to whom ever will listen to me. thanks for a truly great get a way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank duffer4851
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We just spent the weekeind in beautiful Middlebury, VT, and had the pleasure of staying at the Inn on the Green. Our extended family stayed in all four rooms in the carriage house, which was perfect. Brenda Grove could not have been more accommodating to us. The "Breakfast in bed" was a very nice touch--a great way to start the day. The weekend was great, and made even better by our stay at the Inn on the Green. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Middlebury Inn
#1 of 1 in Vergennes
Strong House Inn
Strong House Inn
#1 of 3 in Vergennes

Been to Inn on the Green? Share your experiences!