“Perfect for a romantic weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn on the Green

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Inn on the Green
Ranked #2 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Fort Myers, Florida
“Perfect for a romantic weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Wow! My boyfriend & I randomly decided to take a romantic weekend trip to VT, so I called the Inn in the morning & the woman on the phone helped me book a room for that same day. I hadn't seen the room on the website, or really the Inn for that matter so it was a big risk. But what a beautiful and pleasant surprise it was when we arrived here!!! We were in the New Haven room & it was beautifully bright & perfect! For being right on the main road, I didn't hear one car! The bed was amazingly comfortable & the breads & pastries the next morning were great! Nothing beats breakfast in bed!! The Otter Creek Bakery really makes a tasty honeybun!!!
If you're ever in Middlebury, do yourself a favor and stay here. It may be a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stayed here for a night and had an amazing time! We didn't arrive until 9pm but called ahead of time and the girl helped us to decide on our breakfast tray choices. Once we arrived we were welcomed to a beautiful room. We felt like royalty. It was a short walk downtown which was nice because we did arrive later. We were able to enjoy some local music and food about a block away. In the morning we got breakfast delivered to our room which was DELICIOUS! As a big coffee drinker I was very impressed with the quality but mostly the fact that they gave us a whole pot! Overall, we had a fantastic experience and I will definitely be back...next time probably for a romantic weekend with my boyfriend. Definitely book here! Was worth every penny!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Islesford, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our family just stayed again at the Inn on the Green. In fact we 'took over' the Carriage House on the occasion of my daughter's graduation at Middlebury College. The ownership has changed since my last visit, but the place is even better and the owners even more helpful. They know how to help and yet not too much in your face. Breakfasts are wonderful, and brought to the rooms promptly. Coffee and treats available 24/7. (OK : the coffee could be stronger, but that's likely my taste). It is expensive, but the place is good. I hope to have another reason to stay at the Inn soon.

Room Tip: Having stayed in both the Inn building and the Carriage House, I prefer the Carriage House rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Palisades, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

The inn is well appointed and has a lovely staff. The rooms are fresh and airy with lots of towels. The breakfast was great as well! Lovely people here. Jenny was particularly nice and gave my car a jump when I needed it. They even contacted me when I forgot my PJs in the bathroom! Thanks.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wavy J
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I adored staying at the Inn on the Green. I stayed for a week in January, and it was so cute and cozy. My room had two beds with towels/linens and plenty of towels. I loved the set-up and fresh scent of the room. They bring you breakfast from a delicious local bakery every morning, right at the time that you specify. I looked forward to it every morning. And, they remembered that I prefer soy products. The staff were so welcoming and helpful - Elizabeth checked me in and got me all settled, and Jennifer and Brenda and Wendy brought me breakfast in the winter weather with very positive attitudes. The awesome people and service at this Inn really make it special. I would definitely recommend and return to this place! It's just a short walk from Middlebury and near the shops and restaurants downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wzhou
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a wonderful place! The historic building, my room, the breakfast delivered to the room and the staff made my day. I was in town interviewing for a position and it was so nice to come back there after the busy, stressful day. They all catered to my every need and Jen, who was managing the inn in the owners absence, especially went out of her way to help me with a problem. Hopefully, I will get the job and then I can refer everyone here!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BandiLover
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at the Inn on the Green recently and I cannot say enough nice things about my experience. The room was VERY comfortable, nicely decorated, clean and quiet. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating. I was so grateful for their hospitality and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carrie A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Middlebury Inn
#1 of 1 in Ripton
Greystone Motel
Greystone Motel
#3 of 3 in Middlebury

Been to Inn on the Green? Share your experiences!