“Lovely destination”

Ranked #2 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

We spent two nights in the carriage house, the Weybridge room, and it was lovely. I cannot comment much on the service question because all we needed was breakfast delivered and it was prompt and just as requested. It is nicely situated on a hill and if you struggle with stairs this might not be the best choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
iog71, Owner at Inn on the Green, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Thank you so much for contributing a review following your recent stay at The Inn on the Green. We appreciate it very much! I want to mention that access to the Orwell and Ripton rooms on the main floor of the Carriage House does not involve any stairs at all; in fact, these two rooms are fully wheelchair-accessible and are a great choice for any guest who prefers not to negotiate stairs.

I'm very glad you confirmed that the service you received was the service that you needed! We try hard to understand each guest's service requirements and to deliver exactly the personal service that matches those needs.

Thanks again for writing a review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Middlebury, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

This place is special.
It has the character and feel of an English country hotel, but is much better run than those we have stayed in.
It does not have a restaurant but a breakfast of quality baked goods, coffee or speciality teas is delivered to your room each morning at the time of your choice.
Nothing is too much trouble for the owners and their team, they make every effort to make you feel confortable and they deliver oustanding service.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

This inn has no cancellation or adjustment policy and the staff are very rude. I made a reservation and called literally less than half an hour later to make an adjustment and I was told I would be charged the full amount for the room regardless unless it was rented to another customer for the night I made the booking. I was treated in an appalling way over the phone. Your time would be better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank E456
, Owner at Inn on the Green, responded to this review, 17 July 2010
Thank you for your feedback. At The Inn on the Green, we try very hard to offer courteous, appropriate personal service to our guests and, in fact, to anyone who contacts us for any reason. Rude treatment of a prospective guest is completely outside the scope of our commitment and is never acceptable under any circumstances. We are sorry you feel that your experience did not meet that standard.

We do have a specific, consistent cancellation policy that is posted to our website, displayed when guests book online, described when guests phone to book, and re-stated in both the confirmation email sent to all guests and again in the reminder email sent 10 days prior to checkin. In addition, every cancellation that would incur a significant penalty according to our cancellation policy is carefully considered to see if a satisfactory solution can be found. In checking our recent records, we have not charged a penalty greater than $10 (which covers only our processing costs including credit card processing fees) since March 2010, which means that we have worked out another solution for all guests wishing to cancel in the last four months.

We will verify that all members of our staff are up to date on all of our policies to ensure that the level of service we commit to is consistently applied to all interactions. Thank you for prompting us to re-verify that our treatment of guests is always what it should be! We hope that you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our unwavering commitment to the comfort of our guests by booking and staying with us soon.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

I stayed here with my daughter when we visited Middlebury College. I like everything about this place: the pretty building, clean and nicely furnished rooms, helpful staff, and the great location. The beds were really comfortable and breakfast was great. I would love to come back to Middlebury and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Redwood City, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

My daughter and I stayed here while checking out Middlebury College and felt right at home. The owner, Bruce, brought us tea and cookies when we checked in, which was soooo appreciated after the long drive and tour of the school. We stayed in the Lincoln bedroom which was great for us since it had both a queen and twin bed. Plus it has an interesting ceiling feature made from the original doors from the house (very cool!). The room was bright and airy and very comfortable. Breakfast was a basket of fresh muffins and croissants from the local bakery (really good!), an apple, banana and tea/coffee. The lnn sits right off the main town square and is a nice little walk from shops and restaurants. Don't miss the Edgewater Gallery and the view of the waterfall in town. Would definitely stay here again if we make it back to Vermont.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

I just have to post a review for Inn on the Green. I could not have picked a better place to stay in Middlebury. It's the right size, the room was well set-up and so comfortable, the bathroom amenities were great (you won't feel penny pinched here), and you could take one of their bikes out for a ride. I picked the Inn based on a review from a business traveler and crossed my fingers that someone traveling for leisure would feel completely at home and relaxed. Throughout my stay--from the minute I showed up at the door to the minute I left--they took care of me in many small ways. How could they have known that I had come a long way on very little sleep, having missed my connection the previous day and having gotten stranded elsewhere before I finally arrived in Vermont? Thank you, Bruce and Brenda, I was fully recuperated after just one night at the Inn on the Green. All the little things do add up. The attention to comfort and the sincere, warm service I received from beginning to end made all the difference during my stay. I can't wait to come back and visit you again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank shanghaispice
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

Host and hostess were friendly and unfussy. Comfortable and nicely decorated. Amazing location. What else can you ask for.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Middlebury Inn
#1 of 1 in Ripton
Strong House Inn
Strong House Inn
#1 of 3 in Vergennes

Been to Inn on the Green? Share your experiences!