“beautiful farm”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“beautiful farm”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went to the farm many years ago(1989) after having bought a Morgan horse. It was a pleasure to see this beautiful farm. Now many years later my daughter is an apprentice at the farm and I am so happy to have reconnected with this beautiful place. Everyone at the farm has a passion for the Morgan breed and the care and dedication they have for promoting and preserving this beautiful animal never fails to amaze me.

Visited May 2014

Dayton, Ohio, United States
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“I don't like horses...”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I don't dislike them either, I have little feelings either way--though I dislike when horses are bred to the point of fragility, like thoroughbreds.

So the Morgan Horse Farm was actually fairly pleasant. The Morgan is an American breed noted for its compact size and stamina and versatility. The UMV people have recently opened a small Morgan museum in the Middlebury city center which we visited yesterday, and I'd recommend going there first as it's a great orientation. Then again, you can get a great orientation at the farm.

So we paid our $10 admission. The place was understaffed b/c most were away at a show. I wandered about, ad,admiring the stallions and mares in their stalls in the main barn and a mare and her foal in the big paddock. Then I sat about on their lawn, pausing briefly to admire the cemetary for past outstanding Morgans up on the hillock. My wife wandered more extensively through back barns and stables, and noted that she felt sorry for the horses--they get one year in a miserable foal paddock, then they're kept in stalls for all but 30 to 90 minutes 5-6 days a week so they won't get distracted and thus harder to train.

My attitude toward animals is that we humans don't need to exploit them like we once did--but they're domesticated and so we need to care for them humanely. I don't consider these Morgans abused per se, tho' it would perhaps be nice if they were given more fresh air and a little sunshine. But I came away thinking that if I ever wanted a horse, I'd get a Morgan.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TR26
Sutton, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love this farm!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Admittedly I am a Morgan horse lover, but this farm is well worth the trip. I have visited it several times over the years and have never been disappointed. I love seeing the new foals and the yearlings. Oftentimes, horses are being trained and you are welcome to watch. The staff is willing to chat with you and share their knowledge. The only downside I can think of is that I never won a foal in their yearly raffle and I have bought a LOT of tickets!!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Speedyhorse
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice find”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were hiking in the area and came across Morgan Horse Farm. Since they weren't officially open yet they told us to wander around as we pleased. It was a perfect time since the horses had just given birth. Some even that day. If your a horse lover add this to your places to visit.

1 Thank Kathleen L
British Columbia, Canada
167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Vermont Farm”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is worth a stop. These folks are clearly very proud of their farm, their heritage, and their horses. The farm itself is in a stunning location- rolling Vermont farmlands, well tended historical barns, and the horses are lovely.

Visited October 2013