“Stormy Duck”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Stormy Duck”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great dinner on the banks of the raging Otter Creek. Sometimes the creek is placid and slow, but due to rain and snow melt, it was very high at the time of our visit. We enjoyed our dinner in the warm inside seating area. We both chose the Stormy Duck dish, which was really excellent. Duck breast cooked to perfection and served with aborio rice with fresh mushrooms, and grilled asparagus on top. I had the flourless chocolate cake and my husband had the brownie sundae for dessert. He actually got too full, and couldn't eat it all! A rare thing for him.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had the cup of soup and half sandwich, it was good although it maybe time to get a little more adventurous with the menu selections.

• Visited April 2014
Burnaby, Canada
“Nice Spot Overlooking the Otter River”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The food at lunchtime was very good and portions large. Friendly service. Try to get a table by the window overlooking the river.

Visited March 2014
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Lovely Family Dinner”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We had three generations dine here for Feb Graduation. We had a wonderful dinner in this warm and inviting restaurant.

Visited February 2014
Middlebury, Vermont
“A strong recommend from a local!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This restaurant is in my home town, and I, like many other locals, really enjoy this special gem of a restaurant. The food is what keeps us coming back. The menu has lots of variety for both vegetarians and those who eat meat. The combinations that the kitchen comes up with are fantastic, sometimes unexpected, but always delicious. I just met friends there for lunch today and had their creamy Potato-Garlic soup (which is always on the menu, plus another soup du jour), and their Winter salad....a yummy mix of healthy greens, carmelized onions, gorganzola cheese, pears and walnuts. I had them hold the bacon on this dish, and find them to be very accomodating to special dietary needs. Outstanding!

I like that you can choose one of 3 "combo lunches:" 1/2 soup and 1/2 salad, or 1/2 salad with 1/2 sandwich, or finally 1/2 sandwich with 1/2 soup. Any of these combo lunches are nicely sized and the soup/salad comes with a few pieces of bread....and all for $9. Be sure to check out their fun website and all their menus, breakfast lunch and dinner. Lots of other great options.

I like visiting best in warmer weather, as they're located right on the Otter Creek (which is nearly a football field wide here) below Middlebury's pretty falls. You can sit outside in either shade or sun at nice outdoor tables and gaze out at the water view.

Inside dining can sometimes be a little loud, as tables are perhaps a tad close together, but it's all good energy and people are happy to be there. Service is always good, I have found, and there's the cheery "hi" and "bye" as patrons come and go. This is a favorite meeting place for both those of us who live here, as well as visitors to our town. I highly recommend!

• Visited February 2014