“A perfect place for a family get-together”

Mister Up's Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Vermont
“A perfect place for a family get-together”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had dinner at Mister Up's with our family (children, grandchildren and significant others) for the first time, and we will definitely be back! The service was very good, our server knew when to leave us alone, and when to come back - a fine art...The menu was extensive with plenty of appetizers, entrees and smaller meals to choose from. The appetizers were shared, to be sampled by all, everything tasted great. My fish and chips was perfect, and the other, more elaborate entrees were also well received. We finished with an assortment of desserts, so everyone got to try more than one. There is an excellent (and affordable) wine list, plenty of good brews and cocktails. I recommend this place for anyone - couples, families, friends and business associates.

• Visited June 2014

Northport, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely outdoor location”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

beautiful views of the river from the outdoor seating area. Food was good and staff was friendly. Service was quick and prices were very reasonable.

Visited May 2014
Burlington, Vermont
“Good casual dining”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of our mainstays for local dining. I love the Dirty Steak and the Texas Barbecue Steak. My sister always gets the Thai Chicken Wrap. I also order the Barnyard Twister often. I find the Salad bar has fresh ingredients & a nice variety of choices. Yes, I have seen bigger salad bars, but this one has plenty for me.

During the summer, the patio is lovely and overlooks Otter Creek. A very peaceful setting.

• Visited May 2014
Lincoln, VT
“Good Meal & Great View”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We go to Mister Up's every couple of months. The food is usually very good, but on occasion it has been just average. If you go try to sit on the deck by the river.

• Visited May 2014
Middlebury, Vermont
“Best in the warmer weather”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant for years, as I live in this town. I'm finally writing a review after having dinner here last night, in hopes that management might be paying attention to their reviews. The restaurant just needs a little change or upgrade in the decoration department, and perhaps a few changes also to their menu. It has remained the same for so long (in all areas!) that one could grow a little weary of the skimpy paper napkin strapped around the knife and fork as a place setting, the decor that looks a little worn, the salad bar that is complete yet never changing.

The food is nothing to write home about, although you can have a nice meal. Just not outstanding or even consistently great. The service can be hit or miss as well. Last night our waitress was downright cold and only warmed up with our continued cheeriness.

However, as I said in the title, this restaurant is best in the warmer weather! Then you can sit an one of many nicely-spaced tables on their outside deck, overlooking the Otter Creek -- which is not just a trickle of a creek, but rather a nice, wide smooth body of water flowing past. Choose either sun or shade, since there is a large section of the outdoor deck that has a roof over it, and enjoy the fresh air. Eating outside is just the best in fine weather, and this restaurant makes the best of this great location! I just wish that their food and interior decor was a bit more remarkable.

• Visited February 2014