“Tried to save money poor choice”
Review of Greystone Motel

Greystone Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Middlebury
Port Trevorton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Tried to save money poor choice”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Room was dirty and in need of renovations - everything worked but was at our limit of disgusting. Very few places to stay in this town dispite college suggest you either pay $150 night for Marriott or keep driving !

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Matt P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I booked this hotel with only mediocre expectations based on TripAdvisor reviews. My room was dirty - the tile in the shower is mildewed and the shower tiles have not been cleaned properly (streaked and clearly caked with soap residue.) The tall lamp in the room didn't work. The radiator obviously didn't work, because there was a space heater in the room. There is a small fridge in the room that made almost as much noise as the very loud traffic did. I was staying by myself and wanted to save money, but I'd have been better off driving further and/or paying more to stay somewhere where I didn't feel like I needed shower shoes to go in the bathroom. There wasn't an ice machine where you could get to it -- you have to go to the main office, ring the bell and have them get you ice. I am not comfortable staying here and I am stuck for the next 2 days since I can't get a refund.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JPB21104

Travellers are raving about these Middlebury hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stay at Greystone Motel every month and have never discovered bed bugs.
The owners are very hardworking and nice.
Clean rooms and wonderful service. Wifi available. Good value and location.
This is a great motel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank traveltrips958
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at the Greystone Motel when I went to leave my son at Middlebury College. I found the Sharmas who run the motel very courteous and helpful. They also run a good motel which is clean and with well maintained rooms.

Room Tip: Its best to speak to the motel owners by calling them on room choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sauravadhikari
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Checked in on aug 17th. The rooms are clean, but older decor. Noticed multiple bed bugs in bed the next morning and blood on the sheets from bites. We have stayed here before and think that we were bitten before, but cannot prove it. My wife and I have numerous (dozens) bite marks on our bodies. The owner confessed that they have problems with bed bugs.

Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Stuart M
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2012

THE BEDS ARE INFESTED WITH BED BUGS!!! After a 19 hour drive, my husband and I checked in to the Greystone motel aug.8TH 2012, around 4 in the afternoon and had to check out and check into a new hotel at 3:30 in the morning because we were both bitten up by bed bugs. The bugs are definitely the worst part but the bathrooms are gross as well! when we arrived we noticed there were still pubic hairs from the previous guest. When we were checking out of the motel we explained to the woman at the front desk that the beds are infested with bed bugs and she said that weren't the only people to complain about bed bugs. When she was refunding our money she "accidently" charged our credit card for another night so now we have to wait 3-5 business days to get our refund of almost 200$. I would seriously recommend people not to stay at the Greystone motel especailly if you have young children. THE GREYSTONE MOTEL WILL BE DEFINITELY GETTING A VISIT FROM THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank PabonIris
North Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Middlebury VT is lacking mid priced accommodations so we were pleasantly surprised when we landed at the Greystone. It's old but very clean. Beds were comfortable but had plastic covers on the mattresses. Had the most TV stations that I ever had in a motel recently. Even gave you new tooth brushes. Not much for a breakfast but there is a great bakery in town. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Remember you are getting old but clean.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Baefer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Middlebury Inn
#2 of 11 in Middlebury
The Stone House Motel
The Stone House Motel
#5 of 6 in Ticonderoga

Been to Greystone Motel? Share your experiences!