“Amazing pizza and best food in the area”
Review of American Flatbread

American Flatbread
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Middlebury
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Located in the historic Marble Works district, our front yard features a view of the Otter Creek falls while our back court yard offers dining by the fire circle. An old marble processing plant, our interior has marble walls and high ceilings. We have an open kitchen and the main attraction is our primitive wood-fired oven where we bake your flatbread before your very eyes! Weekly chef's specials highlight the seasonal bounty of our local farmers. Our new bar features 12 taps, fine wines, choice whiskeys and classic cocktails.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is truly excellent pizza. The sale was wonderful and I got a flatbread pizza with kalamata olives and bacon which was fantastic. Service was super friendly and efficient. They let me sample a beer before ordering a pint which I always appreciate. The atmosphere is very nice too with indoor seating around the very cool looking oven and outdoor seating as well. Best meal I've ever had in Middlebury. Wish it was there when I was in college!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the best flatbread I have ever had. It's a fun open place, the servers are all very nice and the locale is just great. I go here EVERYTIME I come to Middelbury.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Provides a variety of tasty flatbread pizza at reasonable prices. Suggest that your part order several small pies to share. That way you get to sample a great variety.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We've been to several of the "Flatbread Pizza" chains around New England, and this seemed to be almost a carbon copy of those restaurants. It is a similar layout, with the wood-fired oven, the decor, and the menu. It is also similar in quality, which is very good. We love this type of setting for pizza and we were thrilled to find this gem in the quaint town of Middlebury, VT. Will definitely go again whenever we're in the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Watch your pizza made with local/organic ingredients be cooked to a perfect crispiness in a brick oven. Delicious local beers on tap as well.