“Wonderful Weekend!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery Center
Sheady Acres Rental Cottages
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Weekend!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Sheady Acres over the holiday weekend from 5/25 to 5/28. This place exceeded our expectations! We were originally booked to stay in the Caribe Cottage, but Shawna called us to say that we could choose our pick among the three small cottages upon our arrival since they were vacant. I was truly excited after receiving that call! We checked out all three cottages and we choose the Sugar House. All three of the smaller cottages were to our liking, but my husband adored the woodwork and craftsmanship of the Sugar House. The cottages are immaculate and well attended to. I am a very picky individual when it comes to lodging, and I couldn't have felt more comfortable. The property is beautiful and relaxing. Shawna graciously answered all of our questions about the area. We plan on returning for another respite in the fall.

Room Tip: The cabins are small but the perfect size for a couple.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Quechee, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We were looking to vacation close to home in New England. Last year a trip to Bar Harbor was an 8 hour drive. Sheady Acres offered the best mix of recreation and relaxation. The Long Trail, Hazen's Notch, and too many other mountain hikes to mention are in the area. There are swimming holes galore and a few cool places to eat in the area. The hospitality and friendliness of the local population is amazing. Sheady Acres itself offers recreation in the form of disc golf, hiking trails and open fields to kick a soccer ball or play catch with the kids. The artistry and craftsmanship put into each cottage is also amazing. Sheady Acres now has customers for life. even before we left there we were planning our next stay.

Room Tip: Shawna And Eamon will recommend the best available cottage based on your part size and whether or no...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Quechee, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

If you're looking for a quiet weekend or even a week off, away from the crowd and any kind of weather...this is the place for you and your partner or even a family of four (and a dog!)

Eamon, Shawna and Quinn were wonderful hosts. They made us so comfortable that we stayed an extra day. Their daughter and ours became like little sisters. How we found these cottages... well, we got lost (as we do this alot), last year trying to find a specific trail and crossed paths with Sheady Acres. We had to come back! The cottages are really a work of art and you can tell they have put their hearts into this...its so lovely! Our first time was in The Irish Farmhouse. Everything we needed was available for the 3 of us plus we could fit our large crate for our dog.

The hot tub, the birds, the scenic view, the trails in the back, lakes and ponds nearby and great local food! We had not taken a family vacation in 3yrs and this really help us find R&R...rest and relaxation. We're not skiers or snowboarders, but my husband and I will be back and possibly honeymoon there this winter and rent the Sugarhouse-- the clawfoot tub calls upon me! Its close to us, but far enough that feels like a real vacation.

Totally recommend it if you want a peaceful environment.

Room Tip: Top level can get warmer and bottom level can be very cool...Prepare with both kinds of clothes: ta...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Came into town to go skiing with a couple of friends and we were going to stay at a local roach motel but decided at the last minute to stay at Sheady Acresinstead. Ended up having as much fun (maybe more) at our little cottage as we did on the slopes. Between the hot tub, 18 hole folf course, and hospitality of the O-Shea's we had a fantastic time. Next time I go to Vermont there is no doubt this is the place I will stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Albany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Great cabins! Straight shot to Jay Peak. Definitely the place to stay for those looking to ski and relax afterwards.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I had to book very close to March break and found the vermont cabin was rented- I was a little
dissappointed when I was told the caribe was available-I was still unpacking the van when my
wife opened the cabin door and said "Oh my God I just love it" It really was nice - It is small (Cute) but everything is so well planned and the workmanship is excellent -nice view facing
the sunsets- close to town-close to the hill -they have a very nice hot tub in a great location
as well- only regret was not being able to see the inside of the other cabins , but they were all
rented of course -great place- great people..

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Preston, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

It all started with a beautiful and well thought out website. The O'Shea's are unbelievably accommodating on the telephone; they answered all of our questions and helped us connect with awesome people and adventures for our vacation. I hate to admit that my husband, son and I have become kind of picky over the years. We love adventure but need things done well. Honestly we cannot understand how Emmon and Shawna get it so right!! They are creative, hardworking, thorough and so much fun! We thought Jay Peak was our destination, but we soon learned it is Sheady Acres and are all ready making plans to go visit again in a few months!! This is our top list for lodging in New England hands down!

Room Tip: They are all spotless and very well stocked! They will direct you to the right cottage for your need...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn
Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast ...
#1 of 2 in Montgomery Center

Been to Sheady Acres Rental Cottages? Share your experiences!