This is an incredible spot in the ski country of Vermont. We stopped here on our way to Burlington Airport, after picking up one of our children from camp. What a great find! One of the two owners greeted us in the driveway as I pulled in. We then received a tour of the premises, and were basically shown all of the many ways we could make ourselves at home. We had a suite, which was just right for our family. The decor of this place is really something to behold. I loved every inch of the sophisticated Vermont country/Victorian appearance, and especially liked the many porcelaine dog figurines around the place. The owners obviously try so hard to make this stop a great experience on every level. Visually it is a treat. The breakfast in the morning was so beautiful I felt bad about consuming it, except that it was so delicious. The owners themselves served French toast made with homemade potato bread, covered with raspberries in a raspberry (and I think blueberry ) sauce, along with bacon, sausage, a beautiful array of fresh fruit, juice, and coffee. Being a weight-watcher, I really don't eat French toast, but this was so wonderful that I could not possibly have resisted. The tables were exquisitely set. All of the plates were on gold chargers,
with matching napkin rings. Various antiques were displayed tastefully on the tables, and were in abundance throughout the premises. Our suite was so lovely, with a four poster bed in the master bedroom, and twin beds for the children (just right for them). I recommend this place so highly, and I only wish we lived closer so we could make it our spot for weekend ski trips. We had an excellent dinner at a place down the street, Trout River Traders, which was recommended by the owners, and I would really like a repeat
of the whole experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to pampered luxury at our romantic not just pet-friendly, but PET CENTRIC inn. Our all-season retreat, located only 7 miles from Jay Peak Ski and Golf Resort, offers unparalleled comfort and personal service. Rooms and suites feature four-poster beds, fine antiques, luxurious linens, fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, individual climate controls with Air Conditioning (a rarity for northern Vermont), televisions with HD Cable with movie channels and DVD players in all rooms, Free local and long distance calling , and Free WiFi internet plus a guest computer in our lounge. Extensive public areas and gardens open to all guests. Unlimited all day coffee, tea, soda, hot chocolate and apple cider, snacks and treats. TV room with large screen plasma TV. Located directly on the Trout River. Outdoor Hot Tub. Dinner served with advance reservations. Hiking, Biking (home of Bike VT bicycling tours for our area), Canoeing and Guide Services in the area. Rated number one in the state on TripAdvisor overall, and rated the most pet friendly inn in New England on TripAdvisor. Incredible personalized service from on site owners who are available to help you 24 hours a day. LGBT friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phineas Swann Hotel Montgomery Center
- Phineas Swann b&b Inn
- Phineas Swann Bed And Breakfast Inn Montgomery Center, Vermont