“Love, Love, Love”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Montpelier
Charleston, South Carolina
“Love, Love, Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for business in December.We hosted a 2 day sales training conference.The meeting rooms were well lit, spacious and the staff very attentive. My hotel room was comfortable and my bath tub looked brand new. Dinner was wonderful, the restaurant is a fun spot, the menu is extensive, the portions are huge, and the staff is attentive. I love this hotel, it has character, warmth, kitsch and charm.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paula M
VermontTravelfamily, Manager at Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Paula M,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will certainly share it with the entire staff. They take great pride in providing a high level of service. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Capitol Plaza in December for a business training our organization held. The accommodations were very comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. My colleague and I had dinner there 2 nights in a row and both were excellent. Our training sessions ran very smoothly.The staff we dealt with before, during and after were all excelkent. I highly reccommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Moe-Bob-Connor
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

in the middle of town, warm fire in lobby for cold southerner, interesting that there are offices on the floor with hotel rooms, nice Sunday breakfast buffet, comfortable room, older building but nicely renovated, good restaurant available but very loud clientele on Sat night

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank juan32250
Grantham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed for business 11/18-11/22/2013 (this is my last night thankfully)
Checked in room 442, found a used washcloth hanging on shower curtain rod.Whether it was used for cleaning or the previous occupants butt cloth I don't know. I left a tip for housekeeping (as I usually do) to help with good service, but came back to my room to find bathroom floor looking half heartedly cleaned. Tonight I came back after a day of work to find the bag in the ice bucket full of water. Housekeeping needs some training on guests that recognize tipping usually helps motivate a better attempt at making sure the coffee and cream packets are refilled. Trust me, I will not stay here again if I can avoid it AT ALL. Did not get a comfortable feeling at Capitol Plaza. Changes ceratinly need to be made.
Very disappointed!!! PS stayed here once before and loved the place......what the heck happened??????

Room Tip: go elsewhere..............or be prepared to clean the bathroom and fill the in room coffee pot your...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rich L
Dear Rich L,

I was sorry to learn that you didn't enjoy your stay. I wish you would've let us know during your four night stay, so that we could have resolved your issues. Whether or not a tip is left, it is not the intention of the housekeeping staff to leave anything undone. If something is forgotten, we would fix it on the spot, including getting you extra coffee or emptying an ice bucket.
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed for one night on our way from Maine to Canada. We did not dine in the hotel's restaurant. We were very pleased with our room and the friendly reception from the staff. Outdoor parking was free and easily accessible. This is the second time we have overnighted in Montpelier. The previous time we stayed at the Inn at Montpelier (which I reviewed earlier). We much prefer the Capitol Plaza. Both times we have enjoyed the town's restaurants and its laid back atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
VermontTravelfamily, Manager at Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Bushpiggy,

Thank you for staying with us and your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Capitol Plaza and your visits to Montpelier. We do have a lot of wonderful locally owned restaurants and shops in town. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was traveling with a group of 14 and this is where the reservations were made for us to stay. My complaint is the attached restaurant (J. Morgan's) what terrible service! The waiter was so overwhelmed with his job he shouldn't even been there. What a joke. The waiter kept telling us to have patience ? excuse me! With the kind of pricing they were charging there should have been top notch service! Well, that didn't happen...took forever to get our order plus when the check came gratuity was already added! And I was paying separately! I told the waiter with the service I received there would be "no" tip. C'mon people you want repeat customers or people to recommend you, do your job and treat your customers with respect! We even complained to the manager and she was even like for the employee...will I go back to the Capitol Plaza/J. Morgan...not a chance!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Deb3725,

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast at J.Morgans. You were with a bus tour that had pre-ordered their breakfast, and our server was not prepared for your special order. He should've been, but he wasn't. There is never an excuse for giving poor service. He was talked to on that day and it was reiterated that customer service is number one.

When you spoke to the manager, she did not defend the server's behavior, and removed the tip as you had requested. She apologized to you, and also went to your table and apologized to the group as a whole. I understand that you said you do not accept her apology.

I did try to contact you directly, but you have not replied. If there is anything else I can do, please email me at info@capitolplaza.com.

Clearwater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

In Montpelier for foliage and sightseeing. Stayed one night at Capitol Plaza. Warm welcome, old fashioned ambiance, super clean room and bathroom. Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant (not included with room) and enjoyed it immensely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy Y
Dear Nancy Y,

Thank you for your review. I will share it with our housekeeping staff as they take great pride in presenting a clean hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montpelier
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Inn at Montpelier
Inn at Montpelier
#2 of 4 in Montpelier

Been to Capitol Plaza? Share your experiences!