Capitol Plaza
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
Good 3.5/5
Rustic Restaurant and Motel(Northfield Falls)
Very Good 4/5
    Excellent 5/5
    Great 4.5/5
      All reviewsin townhotel restaurantstate housegreat restaurantnice hotelmorgan's restaurantan older hotelfitness centeralarm clockeasy parkingattached restaurantcomfortable roomsthe location is perfectdowntown montpelierfront desk staffmain streetexercise room
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for business in December.We hosted a 2 day sales training conference.The meeting rooms were well lit, spacious and the staff very attentive. My hotel room was comfortable and my bath tub looked brand new. Dinner was wonderful, the restaurant is a fun spot, the menu is extensive, the portions are huge, and the staff is attentive. I love this hotel, it has character, warmth, kitsch and charm.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
      1  Thank Paula M
      VermontTravelfamily, Manager at Capitol Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Paula M,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will certainly share it with the entire staff. They take great pride in providing a high level of service. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Capitol Plaza in December for a business training our organization held. The accommodations were very comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. My colleague and I had dinner there 2 nights in a row and both were excellent. Our training sessions ran very smoothly.The staff we dealt with before, during and after were all excelkent. I highly reccommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
      1  Thank Moe-Bob-Connor
      Reviewed 24 December 2013

in the middle of town, warm fire in lobby for cold southerner, interesting that there are offices on the floor with hotel rooms, nice Sunday breakfast buffet, comfortable room, older building but nicely renovated, good restaurant available but very loud clientele on Sat night

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
      1  Thank juan32250
      Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed for business 11/18-11/22/2013 (this is my last night thankfully)
      Checked in room 442, found a used washcloth hanging on shower curtain rod.Whether it was used for cleaning or the previous occupants butt cloth I don't know. I left a tip for housekeeping (as I usually do) to help with good service, but came back to my room to find bathroom floor looking half heartedly cleaned. Tonight I came back after a day of work to find the bag in the ice bucket full of water. Housekeeping needs some training on guests that recognize tipping usually helps motivate a better attempt at making sure the coffee and cream packets are refilled. Trust me, I will not stay here again if I can avoid it AT ALL. Did not get a comfortable feeling at Capitol Plaza. Changes ceratinly need to be made.
      Very disappointed!!! PS stayed here once before and loved the place......what the heck happened??????

Room Tip: go elsewhere..............or be prepared to clean the bathroom and fill the in room coffee pot your self
      • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
      2  Thank Rich L

Dear Rich L,

I was sorry to learn that you didn't enjoy your stay. I wish you would've let us know during your four night stay, so that we could have resolved your issues. Whether or not a tip is left, it is not the intention of the housekeeping staff to leave anything undone. If something is forgotten, we would fix it on the spot, including getting you extra coffee or emptying an ice bucket.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed for one night on our way from Maine to Canada. We did not dine in the hotel's restaurant. We were very pleased with our room and the friendly reception from the staff. Outdoor parking was free and easily accessible. This is the second time we have overnighted in Montpelier. The previous time we stayed at the Inn at Montpelier (which I reviewed earlier). We much prefer the Capitol Plaza. Both times we have enjoyed the town's restaurants and its laid back atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
      VermontTravelfamily, Manager at Capitol Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Bushpiggy,

Thank you for staying with us and your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Capitol Plaza and your visits to Montpelier. We do have a lot of wonderful locally owned restaurants and shops in town. We look forward to having you as our guest again.