“They still got it.”

Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Montpelier
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've been staying at this location every year for the past few years. I've always been worried they'll switch owners and the place will do downhill. I was there last night - if anything, they're getting better. Every inch of the room was clean. Every staff member I came across was exceptionally friendly. Especially, Sam at the front desk. It was a perfect stay. Keep up the good work, Maplewood.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great local hotel. The staff could not be more friendlier and helpful. I found it a wonderful surprise to have such amazing people behind the front desk. The rooms are clean and very comfortable! The bathrooms are the same. I was very happy with my stay for my business trip. If only all my trips worked out this well! Thanks to everyone at the Comfort Inn. Appreciate your attention to detail!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great little hotel, staff is friendly and it's situated conveniently off the highway and a few minutes to downtown Montpelier.

I've stayed at many Comfort Inn's as I travel on business frequently and this one is up to par with most.

The only criticism I have is the hotel has a limited number of queen and king sized bed rooms. I understand from the staff this is because of the amount of families that travel for vacation and request rooms with two double beds.

This for me is unfortunate, i'm six foot two and due to leg and knee injuries I need to stretch out when I sleep to be comfortable. The extra 5 inches in length of a queen or king bed makes all the difference in the world especially on an extended stay of over two nights.

The first two nights they didn't have anything but the doubles, but the last two of my stay they upgraded me to their king suite for a nominal charge. Credit is due to their staff for making this accommodation change on short notice and a reduced rate.

There was also an issue with the iron in my room, the front desk promptly took care of this and provided a replacement iron in a few minutes time.

I would stay here again but would need to make reservations a few weeks in advance to get a queen or a king bed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank m1dw1nt3r
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were able to do our laundry and get detergent and change on site. The rooms were updated, quiet and clean. You could walk to an Applebee's next door, which we were glad to do after a long day in the car.

The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. A hot breakfast was served in a spotless clean area with an attendant available if you had any special request.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, which made getting coffee and breakfast easy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Clean, Well organized, Friendly Staff, Great Breakfast and Comfortable Accommodations. One of the best I've been in. Highly recommend to anyone. No elevator though! We were close to Norwich University where we attended our grandson's graduation

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is our fourth stay at this Comfort Inn in Vermont and we are again very happy with the hotel. We book the VIP suite each time because the price is terrific, and it's a nice treat after a drive from Worcester, ma. I cannot express how meticulously clean and neat every part of the hotel really is! Wonderful place!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were back last weekend for the second time and had another good experience at this very well-run, clean, friendly, comfortable hotel. The staff knows what hospitality means! We decided to stay another day and they accommodated us with no problem. It would be nice if they had a pool but can't fault them for that either. Tip: The Applebee's across the parking lot is good -- better than I expected from a chain restaurant -- also with friendly service, and they deliver.

Room Tip: This isn't a comment on the hotel, which is fine and seems quite safe. I'd say, though, if y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montpelier
Capitol Plaza
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Twin City Motel
Twin City Motel
#1 of 3 in Barre

Been to Comfort Inn at Maplewood? Share your experiences!