“Busy motel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Montpelier
Northampton
“Busy motel”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Not really in Montpelier, but in neighbouring Barre. Close enough for you to visit Montpelier a unique State Capital. All facilities OK, but a very busy complex adjacent to another motel, and sharing the same car park. OK if you're moving on. The only question I would ask is does this motel (or the other) have rooms with social housing?

Room Tip: A room away from the other motel is better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Manchester CT
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I do have pictures of this room 133 to go w/review. We drove for hours to get here. Tired & need coffee. I asked at chk in if the coffee was ready. Clerk said she would make some, with lack of excitement. How about the hotel restaurant. Surprise its Closed down. Thats not on the info site. One place in area: Applebees. Packed, hour wait. Go to Irving gas station for a pre made sandwich. Walked to lobby about 2 hrs later for coffee: still none made. Room: Bathtub needs soap scum remover faucets were loaded w film. Tub drain area full of rust. Heat lamp didnt work. Back of door was torn up from knob to floor. Corners of floor caked debris.Fitted sheet wasnt and it popped up all night. Next morning lukewarm shower. No continental breakfast or even a piece of fruit. But yes, there was coffee. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AwakeAtDawn

Travellers are raving about these Montpelier hotels

Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Avoid this place if you have kids. No more restaurant, pool closed, No lighting in the parking areas. Overpriced for what you get. My room had former occupant towels tossed in the closet, remnants of a mirror frame on the wall. Mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. I didn't get a chance to research the area as I was a last minute booker. Orbitz charged direct for this, but I could have reduced the cost for this awful site by calling to them direct and using a coupon that's circulating widely on the magazines you find at the visitor centers, probabl y cheaper if you call them direct and negotiate. Orbitz, shame on you!

Oh, and when an HBO schedule is on your nightstand, you'd expect it to be available. Buzz . . .
Coffee 24/7? If you like it cold and no milk.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated spot; my room was shabby. This place is in serious need of renovation.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Triphora
Blackpool
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Seriously do not stay here.
It's cheap but old and dirty, plus there was a local prostitute staying who had 'gentlemen friends' calling and she looked as though she was on drugs.
We had travelled over 3 weeks on a road trip from England having stayed in over 21 hotel/motels and I can honestly say we never encounter anything like this hotel.
No restaurant, it is closed, the pool is just awful, the only thing I would say is our bed was comfy and free of any bugs, which I did check before we slept in it.

Big mistake on our part for not checking reviews.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlackpoolMouse
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is Absolutely worst hotel of ever stayed in!!!! Bed bugs in room. Smelled of URINE,Dirty & Stinky mattress.Bed bug waste all over ceiling and walls.Bugs in refrigerator .Pool extremely dirty and Full of Gems.Floors Filthy.A/C unit had 2inches of dirty in Grill. Also had SPIDERS on my headboard . Sheets were dirty upon arrival never got changed the whole time I was there. Front desk very rude. Left everything owned at hotel Cost me over $2000 to stay there Could not bring the bedbugs home with me to my grandchild...... Do your family a good deed and stay away from this place It was a true nightmare for me and my family Tell everyone that you know to stay away from this place it's on believable!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank S1A2M
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed there over the Labor Day weekend.Frankly I wish I would have paid a little extra for something better.I would recommend this place for short stay like a weekend,anything over that a NO.We got there around 11pm and was so creeped out that we had to drive around back to get to get to our room.I was really scared for my life,but we woke up in the back was a beautiful view of the mountains.This place is very dated,not enough outlets to plug anything.water pressure is annoying took 10minutes longer to take a shower.Sheets were not clean,there was stains.Room smelled a little,the carpet is horrible.The hallway is quiet creepy.Pricey for what you get.I must admit the bed was so damn comfortable & soft.
The great thing about this place is the location,10mns from dowtown Montpelier, 15mns from Barre & 30mns from Burlington(must go).

Room Tip: only stay there if everywhere else is booked and only a weekend trip. Not worth the price. Do drive...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The room was nice, the bathroom was clean and the sheets smelled like bleach, which I think is good, (that's how I know they were clean). The hotel is cheap, the staff was nice. No breakfast in the morning only coffee. I would sty here again, for the price I paid. The only problem was that the beds were full size not queen.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saddie525
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montpelier
Comfort Inn at Maplewood
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe
Betsy's Bed and Breakfast
Betsy's Bed and Breakfast
#3 of 4 in Montpelier

Been to Hilltop Inn? Share your experiences!