“Positively Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morrisville
Thistledown Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Morrisville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orchard Park
“Positively Perfect!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

As a solo traveler, I felt completely at home at this cozy, quaint and beautifully decorated B & B. I couldn't have asked for a better stay! Plenty of room to relax after a long day of skiing, and the hot tub was an added bonus. Sheila is the perfect hostess and an outstanding gourmet cook. I can't remember enjoying breakfast so much! Located in the village of Morrisville, the Thistledown Inn is very affordable and a hidden gem! I've been recommending this place to everyone. In fact, I enjoyed my stay so much that when I got home, I perused my map of Vt. ski areas in order to plan my next ski vacation around this B & B! It was that good!!! Thank you again, Sheila!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Hi D.
Thank you for being my guest and for your very nice review. I thoroughly enjoyed having you as my guest and look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had a wonderful time at Thistledown. The rooms are very comfortable and the living room with fireplace was a great place to hang out. The breakfast was delicious with an abundance of food. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to serving you again. Warmest regards, Sheila
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Thistledown Inn is a beautiful bed and breakfast. The rooms are very cozy, the bedding is lush, and the ambiance is luxurious. Some rooms have fireplaces, but for those without there is a wonderful gas fireplace in the living room. The shared bathroom on the upper floor has a huge soaking tub, or you can lounge in the hot tub on the main floor.
For outdoor enthusiasts, there is a 96 mile walking/jogging/biking trail that you can access from the inn's backyard. The Bijou movie theater is within walking distance as well.
Most importantly, Sheila is the consummate hostess. She was more than accommodating of our special dietary needs and her food is phenomenal. Sheila adheres to green hospitality practices, keeps bees, and raises chickens. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with her and learning about her avocation. We will definitely return to Thistledown Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KayteGDUB
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Staying at Thistledown Inn is like coming home. The house is very cozy and quaint, with a nice sitting room to read in or relax, but with lots to do in the area, it's hard to find a lot of time for sitting around! Sheila is very warm, welcoming and friendly and cooks up a great breakfast - she's also very accommodating for any food allergies! I've stayed here a couple times, and will definitely be coming back for more!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

We had great time at Thistledown. As soon as we walked in we felt as if we were at home. Very comfortable beds. We enjoyed the hot tub and free night cap service. The food was organic and healthy. We look forward to returning to the Thistledown Inn.

• Stayed November 2012
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
You two are Awesome! Thanks so much for the pleasure of serving you. Looking forward to next time.
Corning, New York
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We enjoyed our 3 night stay completely. Our whole out of town family joined us here for the weekend to celebrate our daughter's wedding. Travel doesn't agree with me so Sheila's Reiki treated water and attention to detail made what could have been a disaster into a delite. I wish we had more time to visit, as many have said "come in as strangers but leave friends". The food was spectacular and Sheila accommadated my need for sugar free and still managed to address organic choices. I will say it was hard not to eat all that was presented, but I know our hostess understood my dietary needs. We had the suite at the back on the first floor and it was perfect. The bed was so comfy and the stove made it so homey. I liked that no one came in our room to tidy up while we weren't there. I like my privacy. I am amazed that Sheila runs this Inn so effieciently with only one extra helper. I wish I had her energy. Speaking of energy, the Inn has ALL POSITIVE ENERGY and lifts up the weary traveler. Thank you, thank you, thank you and hope to see you again on a future trip to VT.

Room Tip: Suite at back is quiet and very private. Also great if have mobility issues.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
I am grateful for the kindness and gratitude you express here. You and your family were positively delightful and a pleasure to have as my guests. I am eager to serve you again. Humbly, Sheila
Castle Cove, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our 3 day mid-week stay at Thistledown Inn very much, but we had a few small concerns which is why we cannot give 5 stars.

Sheila is a wonderful hostess, and makes you feel right at home, offering cheese and wine in the evening. The lounge area was lovely to relax in and chat to the other guests.

We asked for a larger room when we booked, and were given the room at the back of the house, which is indeed spacious enough with a large bathroom. Unfortunately we found the queen size mattress was a bit uncomfortable, as we tended to "roll to the middle". We still slept fine, however. We saw inside one other room, whose bed had a much thicker mattress, which may have been better, though the room was a lot smaller than ours.

Things ran very smoothly when Shiela was there, but unfortunately after she leaves for work, only a young student is left to serve the breakfast and tidy up. She didn't know where things were (like coffee refills) and also forgot to serve juice on the first morning (we eventually found a bottle in the fridge) and to give us the maple syrup to go with the sweet breakfast on the second. This also meant that no one was available to ask for directions, suggestions etc after breakfast.

Two of our breakfasts were wonderful - a savoury "fritata" on the first morning and a sweet bread pudding (?) with blueberries the next. The servings were huge! The breakfast on the third day wasn't as successful - it seemed to be baked granola which was very dry. We thought that maybe an ingredient had been left out, but Shiela wasn't around to ask.

Finally I would also like to mention that they do not straighten your room at all during your stay, which I found disappointing at a nice B&B. This also means that you only get the promised chocolates left in your room on your first night.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thank you so very much for being my guest at the Thistledown Inn B&B. I truly enjoyed visiting with you and your wife and I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am grateful for your review and will take greater care in preparing my helper to best serve our guests. Thank you. I would love to have you again. Sheila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Field Guide
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,779 reviews
Timberholm Inn
Timberholm Inn
#3 of 22 in Stowe

Been to Thistledown Inn B&B? Share your experiences!