“Excellent in every way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morrisville
Thistledown Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Morrisville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family and I stayed there on the way up to Craftsbury to go rowing. We rented 3 rooms which were clean and comfortable. The food at breakfast was superb and Sheila was my ideal for the prefect host. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words. You and your family were a lot of fun to have around. Hope to see you next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was our third visit to Sheila's Thistledown Inn and B & B. Sheila is the most enthusiastic and welcoming person! After we had settled into our room, the Nodding Thistle, we went downstairs to the living room to relax after our drive. Sheila had prepared us a cheese, avocado and humus plate with crackers and poured two glasses of homebrew beer right from Morrisville - really yummy and thirst quenching! Sheila`s breakfast is a culinary event and so wonderful to look forward to!! Our visit to the Thistledown Inn and B & B was one of the most delightful events on our holiday and do plan on staying again in the future. Thank you Sheila!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen B
ThistledownVermont, Owner at Thistledown Inn B&B, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dearest guests,
I am so happy to have had the opportunity to serve you again. You two are a joy. Thank you for your gift of the beautiful framed photograph of the chickens, for your patronage and for your review. Until next time...
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My daughter and I stayed just one night since we were driving through the area but I have to say that although our visit was brief, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It's not always easy to find a B&B w/ twin beds but this one has a room with two twin beds - and a shared bathroom. I've never been to Morrisville and found it to be a larger Vermont village with restaurants and stores w/ this B&B within walking distance to some establishments. Sheila is one of the best hostesses I've encountered and I've stayed at many B&Bs. Breakfast was delicious (!) and Sheila seeks out your preferences. Efforts to be kind to the environment is a responsible touch and appreciated by the writer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Hello D.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Thistledown Inn B&B. I thoroughly enjoyed having you and your daughter as my guests and I hope to serve you again in the future.
Orchard Park
Reviewed 2 March 2013

As a solo traveler, I felt completely at home at this cozy, quaint and beautifully decorated B & B. I couldn't have asked for a better stay! Plenty of room to relax after a long day of skiing, and the hot tub was an added bonus. Sheila is the perfect hostess and an outstanding gourmet cook. I can't remember enjoying breakfast so much! Located in the village of Morrisville, the Thistledown Inn is very affordable and a hidden gem! I've been recommending this place to everyone. In fact, I enjoyed my stay so much that when I got home, I perused my map of Vt. ski areas in order to plan my next ski vacation around this B & B! It was that good!!! Thank you again, Sheila!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Hi D.
Thank you for being my guest and for your very nice review. I thoroughly enjoyed having you as my guest and look forward to serving you again.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had a wonderful time at Thistledown. The rooms are very comfortable and the living room with fireplace was a great place to hang out. The breakfast was delicious with an abundance of food. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to serving you again. Warmest regards, Sheila
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Thistledown Inn is a beautiful bed and breakfast. The rooms are very cozy, the bedding is lush, and the ambiance is luxurious. Some rooms have fireplaces, but for those without there is a wonderful gas fireplace in the living room. The shared bathroom on the upper floor has a huge soaking tub, or you can lounge in the hot tub on the main floor.
For outdoor enthusiasts, there is a 96 mile walking/jogging/biking trail that you can access from the inn's backyard. The Bijou movie theater is within walking distance as well.
Most importantly, Sheila is the consummate hostess. She was more than accommodating of our special dietary needs and her food is phenomenal. Sheila adheres to green hospitality practices, keeps bees, and raises chickens. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with her and learning about her avocation. We will definitely return to Thistledown Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KayteGDUB
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Staying at Thistledown Inn is like coming home. The house is very cozy and quaint, with a nice sitting room to read in or relax, but with lots to do in the area, it's hard to find a lot of time for sitting around! Sheila is very warm, welcoming and friendly and cooks up a great breakfast - she's also very accommodating for any food allergies! I've stayed here a couple times, and will definitely be coming back for more!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
Village Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Brass Lantern Inn
Brass Lantern Inn
#2 of 22 in Stowe

Been to Thistledown Inn B&B? Share your experiences!