“Perfect introduction to Vermont”
Review of Muddy Moose

Muddy Moose
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband and I decided to take a last-minute trip together in September. I'd never been to Vermont and Fall is my favorite season of the year. The timing to see the Fall foliage was just about perfect. However, finding a place at the last minute was not easy. I finally found the Muddy Moose and decided it looked like our best option.
Wow, what a great choice we made! We were there for 4 nights in early October and we loved every minute of it. We stayed in the 2-bedroom cabin, which was beautiful and seemed brand-new. It had everything we would need and more...including some of my favorite "board" games (bananagrams, Yahtzee and Boggle don't technically have boards).
The owners, Chuck and Christine, were friendly and helpful. They were available for restaurant suggestions, etc. I regret that we didn't go ask them more about how Muddy Moose came to be... it's such a great place that I'm curious.
The location is convenient to Stowe and other great places to visit. However, it's removed from the touristy area, so it feels private, quiet, romantic...The views are great as you drive to get there.
The gameroom was cool. Even there, the attention to detail was perfect...
I enjoyed walking on the trails on the property and visiting the horses that were also guests while we were there. ( I also happened to see my first porcupine in the wild...at a distance, which was ideal!!! LOVED that!)
I just can't say enough good things about the Muddy Moose!!! Can I go back there now, please?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eyrehead2
There are newer reviews for Muddy Moose

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were looking for a dog friendly inn near Stowe, and happened upon the Muddy Moose. What a find! Comfortable, quiet, rustic with all the amenities, lovely hiking trails right on the property. We came once in spring and came back again this fall. Dog loved it, too. Everything thoughfully considered, warm and gracious owners.

Room Tip: There is a cabin that has a very accessible and safe bathroom/shower area, if that is a concern.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arlington_MAArtist22
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I use trip advisor all the time to find the perfect places to stay. This is the first time I ever wrote a review. The reason??? We have never been to a better place then Muddy Moose! We were only here for 2 full days, but we wanted to stay forever! We had trouble on the road, and didn't get to the cabin until 1am in the morning. We called Chuck and he was going to wait on us, but instead, we worked out a plan so he could go to bed, and we could get into the cabin. Chuck informed us that the cabin we booked had a water softener issue, so he gave us the 3 bedroom cabin. When we got there, after 9 hours on the road, we were so excited! The cabin was beautiful! It was much to big for the three of us, but I'm not complaining! I don't think you could find a speck of hair or dust bunny if you searched! We didn't bring much with us, but you won't need to! Everything is taking care of! We ran down the road in the morning, and grabbed coffee and breakfast, about 8 minutes down a beautiful, mountain view road. We got to stowe in about 15 minutes, and the town of Morrisville is lovely, not even 10 minutes away. You can get everything you need in town. My husband and daughter had the time of their lives in the gameroom. It's beautiful, and so much fun! We hiked to the most beautiful Waterfall (only 15 minutes away) and did a little swimming. They have the most wonderful hikes and they are adding more! Did I mention that we brought the dog with us? A 95 lb rhodedesaian ridge back pup. Chuck and Christian loved her, and we had a doggie package when we got to the cabin! Dog bowls, treats and poop bags! Wonderful! I can go on all day about how fabulous this place is, we have stayed at Sterling Ridge in Jeffersonville many times (which is very nice also) but I think we will be coming back here very soon! Thank you guys!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank EastFerryDeli
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We loved staying in cabin one for two nights .... As everyone has said in the previous reviews, a lot of thought has gone into the cabin and communal areas. It is heaven on earth and so peaceful and lovely.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanandhuw
Reviewed 5 August 2013

i stayed for 2 nights on a solo trip in august. what a find! the cabin was very clean and much thought has gone into making it comfortable. the very best part though is sitting in a rocking chair on the porch with views of the trees and distant mountains. at night, the stars are so bright and close that i felt that i could grab hold of the big dipper. the trails are well marked and can be accessed right out of the door. the country store is a pleasant pretty drive with many local foods and friendly service. the town is not that far away and offers more shopping choices at more reasonable prices.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank loveitalyRochesterny
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Muddy Moose is heaven on earth. My husband and I have stayed here twice already and always hate to leave. The cottages are just perfect -- modern, clean, charming decor, with the comforts of feeling at home. Nothing beats waking up to the sun coming over the mountains and having a hot cup of coffee on the rocking chairs on the front deck. We love the hiking trails on the property (a great waterfall nearby!), the sunset views from our porch, the fireplace, everything. There is a wonderful corner store down the road with local foods and home made meals that make it a very "Vermont" experience. Chuck and Christine take great care to make the visits one of a kind. We have fallen in love with the place, so we will be back many more times!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ann L
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I spent three nights with three of my friends for a outdoor weekend. We couldn't have find a better place as everything was perfect, It is a quiet place, clean with all we needed. The owner even sent me back home something I forgot! I would return for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annie G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Stowe Mountain Lodge
#1 of 2 in Jeffersonville
Fitch Hill Inn
Fitch Hill Inn
#1 of 2 in Hyde Park

Been to Muddy Moose? Share your experiences!