“Friendly, Comfortable, Warm.”

Village Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Morrisville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Staying here was like staying with a favorite aunt or a grandmother! The host and hostess are so pleasant and really care about their guests. The surroundings and the breakfast food were wonderful. The dining table was beautifully set up with a great selection of fruits and cheese and jam made by the host. All the food is cooked in the next room and presented delightfully hot and tempting. There is nothing like waking up to the smell of bacon cooked by someone else! A Great Place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank flashfeeder
There are newer reviews for Village Victorian Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 28 March 2009

Loved the breakfast and coming home each night to a roaring fire.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trip_ladyTheworld
Reviewed 2 December 2008

Couldn't have been happier with our stay at the Village Victorian. We were the only guests and we only stayed for one night but Phil and Ellen made us feel like family. Phil gave us excellent restaurant recommendations - so many to choose from! We were very comfortable in our room - it was very clean. Breakfast was amazing! We're from Wisconsin, so we like our big hearty breakfasts and this certainly satisfied us as we set on our way for our Vermont adventure. There are some beautiful roads between Stowe and Morrisville - highly recommend taking an early morning or early evening drive - just gorgeous! Thank you to Phil for the very interesting conversation in the morning and thank you to both of you for being so welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WIBusinessGirl
Reviewed 13 July 2008

I have never stayed at a B&B and I have to say I was not all that enthused about the idea. I have traveled all over the USA and the world and I am very accustomed to Hotels and Motels. I want the ice machine and the business center. I want the in-door pool and the concierge. Or at least I thought this is what I wanted. Staying at the Village Victorian was a wonderful change. The hosts Ellen and Phil were such pleasant people and made us feel like we were old friends stopping in for a visit. The house was charming and warm. The atmosphere was very relaxing. It was so much more personal than the hectic front lobby and noise of a major hotel. Phil makes the best crumb cake and serves a wonderful breakfast. The first breakfast we sat and ate waffles and the best bacon I have had in a long time. We ate with a lovely couple from Canada and really enjoyed the conversation. The second breakfast we ate pancakes and Ellen put out wonderful spreads and fresh fruit. Of course I dove into Phil’s Crum Cake and oh that bacon. We sat with a Ukrainian couple from Forest Hills Queens NY and had wonderful conversations throughout our meal. I have to say I would certainly stay at Village Victorian again. They even have a cute gift shop in the back. What a change of pace this was for me and I do recommend it.
Hey Phil, it was worth the 6 hour drive from Long Island keep making the bacon and Crumb Cake!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chyman59
Reviewed 1 March 2008

We stayed here for only one night but it was very cozy and welcoming. We were placed in the Pickwick room which had a private bathroom right outside. The innkeepers were very nice and friendly. Breakfast was simple but filling. Would not hesitate to recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo08
Reviewed 7 January 2008

This adorable B&B was a pleasant surprise for our last minute trip to Stowe, VT. We booked the lovely Astor Suite, which was like staying in a loft/attic that was full of charm, interesting antiques, and cute knicknacks. The innkeepers were pleasant and down-to-earth and had time for some light conversations in the evenings and briefly over a scrumptuous breakfast. The old Victorian house was nicely decorated for the Christmas holidays with garlands, and twinkling lights. As the carols softly played in the living room, the snow gently fell outside the windows.

Although its a 10-minute drive from Stowe, Morrisville was a cute little, quiet town that I actually prefered more than the "commercial" Stowe village. The Village Victorian was truly a wonderful B&B experience. It was perfect! I can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shoppingchick
Reviewed 31 August 2007

Philip tells me my next visit to the Village Victorian will be my 60th...... I’ve been going there for 4 years now. My business takes me to Morrisville quite often but I will go out of my way to stay there if I am within an hour‘s drive when I wrap up my day. When I talk about my “home away from home” to other’s, my favorite saying is that “Philip can cook more good things BY ACCIDENT, than most people can on purpose”

Bill Hopkins, Bow, NH

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
Northern Lights Lodge
#2 of 22 in Stowe
Fitch Hill Inn
Fitch Hill Inn
#1 of 2 in Hyde Park

Been to Village Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!