“Nothing quite like it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Morrisville B&B and Inns
Bow, NH
“Nothing quite like it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2007

Philip tells me my next visit to the Village Victorian will be my 60th...... I’ve been going there for 4 years now. My business takes me to Morrisville quite often but I will go out of my way to stay there if I am within an hour‘s drive when I wrap up my day. When I talk about my “home away from home” to other’s, my favorite saying is that “Philip can cook more good things BY ACCIDENT, than most people can on purpose”

Bill Hopkins, Bow, NH

• Liked — I knew they were there for whatever I needed
  • Disliked — There were simply no negatives for me
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
Pine Grove, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2007

Just returned from a two day stay at the Village Victorian. It was the first B&B experience for us all. Phillip and Ellen were absolutely the greatest host and hostesss. The hospitality was the best I have seen. This was a stay over from our trip from Maine. My father said he never been to Vermont so we decided a trip to Vermont was on the schedule and I am so glad that we stayed at the Village Victorian in Morrisville, Vermont. The gift shop was fantastic. We are already planning to visit next year but this time before we go to Maine. We are even telling friends and family who had B&B experience they must try the Village Victorian.

• Liked — Phillip's cooking and Ellen's gift ship
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2006

Philip & Ellen made our 1st Bed & Breakfast most enjoyable. We felt at home right away. They were ready to assist us with all our needs, yet allowed us privacy as well. Philip's breakfasts were worth getting up for..not to be missed. The Romantic Package included a special candlelight dinner prepared & served by Philip. Fresh flowers and welcoming gift basket in the room added a pleasant touch. They were very knowledgable about the area & helpful in planning activities. A very pleasant & memorable experience to be recommended to all romantic couples.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2005

About 5 years ago, my husband and I discovered the Village Victorian. We have stayed there 6 times, and cannot wait to go back. A beautiful home, wonderful rooms, quite setting and great breakfasts. Perfect for business, pleasure, or both. The ideal location for the skiers, as you will be around the corner from Stowe, and for those looking for peace and tranquility. You will also have the best innkeepers around. Phil and Ellen are wonderful, and they will make your stay in their home comfortable and welcoming.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2005

We spent three nights at the Village Victorian and enjoyed our experience. Morrisville is close to Stowe and the resorts but is in no way a tourist town, which is a good thing. Their website provides and accurate representation of the rooms and services. The online reservation process worked flawlessly. We stayed in the Pickwick Room which has its bath off the second floor hallway but just steps from the room’s door. Two other rooms access this hallway but there was never a problem with privacy. The bed seemed to be Queen size. The Pickwick Room may also be slightly smaller than some of the others but it was not tiny or cramped. In general the rooms may actually be larger than the photos would suggest. We experienced some street noise in this room which was surprising considering the small town and the home’s location on a side street, but the traffic noise was minor. There was also some foot traffic from the suite above but little to disturb sleep. The innkeepers were friendly, helpful and created a hospitable atmosphere while not being overbearing. The breakfast was simple but quite good. Breakfast usually consisted of a delicious baked good, fruit, breakfast entrée, and meat side, with cereal, cheese, and yogurt also available.

The rooms have small televisions and the owners maintain a large collection of movies for guests. There is off street parking for all of the guests. There are also some porches and outdoor seating areas for use in nice weather. We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed September 2005
50 Thank TXheritagetraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2005

I stayed here for business several times, and Philip and Ellen, the Innkeepers made my stays very pleasurable! From the moment you enter the welcoming living room, you know that you will have a nice experience. Philip is most friendly and helpful, and has a warm personality, but also will give you all the privacy you want. The rooms are inviting, and come with all amenities. I stayed in the May-Apple room, and it had an antiquey decor. You feel like you are a guest in their home, even though the B&B part of the house is quite separate. Breakfasts were great and Philip fills requests. Check out their cute gift shop. Morrisville is about 10 miles North of Stowe, and the B&B is reasonably priced, especially for this area. A nice getaway for foliage or anytime. Their website is well done too.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
50 Thank kingajh
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2004

Our vacation in Vermont was just wonderful, and our stay at the Village Victorian was perfect in every way. Philip and Ellen were most gracious hosts, and we thoroughly enjoyed their company and great conversation. Their home is beautifully comfortable, perfect for relaxing. We chose the
Romantic Package, and I would highly recommend this to everyone!! We even added on an extra night in the Primrose room. The view of the lovely grounds was so peaceful and our dinner was exquisite....we are still talking about it! If you are looking for a place that feels like home, with wonderful food and friendship, this is the place for you. We will definitely be back!!

Tina and Brian

53 Thank Travelnurse6156
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrisville
The Stowehof
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews
Butler House Stowe
Butler House Stowe
#4 of 23 in Stowe

Been to Village Victorian Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!