“Great all rounder!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Newfane
Cuisines: American
“Great all rounder!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Three days in South Vermont and needed a decent meal. Having driven past this place and seen how busy decided to check reviews. Ricks was busy again which can only be good. Hubby ordered fried chicken with veggie burger for myself. Food was really good with exceptional onion rings! Service was great with prices to match. Would recommend Ricks in an area that needs a recommendation.

• Visited October 2013

Madison, Connecticut
“Great Menu & Great Specials”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We just bought a cabin in Newfane, VT and have already eaten at Rick's several times. So far the food has been very good. The fried shrimp was delicious and I had a sirloin tips & vegetables entree that was a special that night and it was delicious. My wife has also been very pleased with the Cajun pork chop and the chicken wings. This is local tavern so those who don't like the decor should just get over it. It's a fun place with great service and we are so happy to have a place like Rick's right in Newfane. We'll be back to sample more of what I consider to be a real nice and varied menu. Kudos to our server Heidi who was very friendly and took really good care of us.

• Visited July 2013
Newington, Connecticut
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

After a long day on the slopes, my friends and I headed to Rick's for some food and drinks. The bartender overheard one of my friends complain of a headache from a bad fall on the slopes and offered us some ibuprofen. The waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was very good and reasonably priced. Will continue to make this our post-slope stop.

• Visited January 2013
Rockingham, Vermont
“Listen to the Locals we only drink there”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I am a Local and I can tell you the food has gone way down. I was around when Rick owned the restaurant and it was a great place. We spent $80.00 for pizza and wings last week and as one of the people I was with said "the wings were like eating tree bark" Pizza not great no one even wanted the leftovers. They do have some good beer on draft. The owner is not anywhere as friendly or the host Rick was. Too bad it was a great place for many years. The only reason we ever go there is there is no where else to go. Could be a great place with the right people running it.

• Visited October 2012
Metuchen, New Jersey, United States
“A fun local tavern and restaurant”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Rick's has hearty food and a big menu. It's also very close to Four Columns and is great for families. You can get all the basics here, and it's good.

Visited July 2012