“Not bad”
Review of River Bend Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newfane
River Bend Lodge
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Have stayed in the past and stayed again last weekend. Rooms were updated (slightly) in the last couple of years. Bathroom was much newer and pretty clean. Bed very uncomfortable. Flat screen TV was nice. Decent rooms with mini-fridge and A/C but both were unplugged so room was pretty hot upon arrival. Supposedly there is wi-fi but we never were able to get a signal (cell phones had no service). Breakfast was blah....just k-cups for coffee, bagels, cream cheese, and twinkies. Watched the manager pull bagels out of a bag with his bare hands and put in a basket on the table! No where to sit and eat other than a small couch. Cheap price overall and decent location.

Room Tip: Don't expect a 4 star hotel but this is a decent stay for the price.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We have spent many an evening there in the past but not in the past two or three years. Just spent the night under new management and it was horrible! There was no curtain or blind in the bath room window. The lady who worked up front was never there, always busy watching her newborn baby which I can understand, but some one else should have been up front. We resereved a room which allowed the family dog to be there for an additional $25. Which is fine but that had to be paid by cash or check, couldn't be added to the card? They have a bar next door where the music was so loud you could here it if you took just one step outside the door. People came over from the bar all drunk, making loud noises, driving in and out multiple times. Had at least 15 times were it seemed like they were right outside our door. Of course the dog got upset so we had to walk here around so she could check to see if everything was ok. If you want a place to party this is the place for you! If you want a good night sleep it is not recomended.

Room Tip: Don't go here unless you feel like sleeping in a Frat house.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Neal A, Manager at River Bend Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Valued Customer,
On May 1st , 2012 ,my wife and I became the new resident managers for the River Bend Lodge here in Newfane,Vermont. This Hotel has a long history of providing familys with a comfortable place to stay while they enjoy the scenic beauty of Southern Vermont in all of it's seasons. We are currently remodeling the entire hotel and have addressed a number of issues that needed attention. We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any bad
experience you may have had in the past, but really would like to have you come stay with us again for a night . This would of course be a free nights stay at our expense so you can see
that things have changed greatly since we have taken over management of this establishment.
Please call me or my wife Melissa @ 1-802-365-7952 should you wish to take us up on this
offer. The River Bend Lodge is a wonderful Hotel, and we want to keep your business. I am making it a personal goal to answer the needs of all of our customers, and I'll be using this website and the information folks share to make the River Bend Lodge experience one that
all our customers will come away from happy and satisfied.

Neal & Meilssa Allen
Resident Managers
River Bend Lodge

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My cousin and I stayed over night while skiing. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room. The spotless bathroom was had recently been remodled with new fixturesand tiled floor. The bed was comfortable. The flat screen TV. Only about 20 minutes away from Stratten. The price was very affordable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie S
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed in the River Bend Lodge just recently with my family we had 3 rms total. We loved it!! The owners were great. Rooms were updated with fresh paint and flat screen TVs. Rooms were very clean and spacious. The restaurant served awesome pizza and the waitress was very friendly, they also had a hot wing eating contest that my husband did, so that was a ++++. I will def go back and would recommend it to my family & friends.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Went out of his way to accommodate. We ran into some serious car trouble while visiting. Took us to the local store, made numerous calls in assisting us trouble shooting the problem, as well as even allowing us to use his vehicle. Very clean, safe, and affordable establishment, nothing but a positive recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chris J
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Not sure when Mike and Meagan took on this new adventure in life, but they're doing a great job! Both very friendly and helpful, I'm certain they'll have fun with this new career.
Stayed here a few years ago, many new improvements, new carpet in room, tile in entry, all tile bath, flat screen tv's, fitted sheets, nice size bath towels, great selection of breakfast muchies.
Also next door is their restaurant, Bootsy's Grille, great food, best pizza in southern Vt. and to top this off, room service, nice when you want dinner in your jammies!
Come find out for yourself, you'll be very pleased with both.
Thanks Mike and Meagan good luck! See you next year.

Room Tip: Room 102 queen bed, some have a king
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The Riverbend Lodge is one of the nicest Hotels in which I have had the pleasure of staying with the friendliest staff and courteous service they really make you feel like youre part of their big family! Mike was an absolute pleasure to deal with during my stay , he really goes above and beyond the call when it comes to satisfaction and comfort . Meg was an absolute angel , friendly and talkative and really tuned into the area and its many must sees. The icing on the cake really was the EXCELLENT resturaunt which is also owned by the same people only about 100 feet away ! The food was amazing and the rest was just wonderful. I will reccomend these folks to all of my friends and family looking for an amazing value without losing any of the amazing services those other hotels offer you! When I was here they made me feel like family while i was away from my own family for a time ... at that moment it was exactly what I needed and I am sure if you stay there you will leave on a first name basis with these wonderful folks as well . Tell em BIG sent ya!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank joshua a

Been to River Bend Lodge? Share your experiences!