“Really good value above average motel”

Newport City Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newport
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Really good value above average motel”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were surprised by how good this motel was after having experienced much worse ones at a higher price. The room was large, nice bathroom, excellent helpful staff and good breakfast for a motel. Walking distance from town and the lakeshore (about a mile). Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Oh my god! I forgot my cell phone in the room! My worst nightmare, my life is in that phone. The employees were so nice. They made sure it was mine by asking a few questions. They sent me my back my phone by courier and two days later it arrived at my home. We will definitely go back on our way back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I messed up. I booked a motel with nearly the same name as this one by mistake. I was offered outstanding assistance by the member of staff on duty to sort it out. I would rate that 15 out if 10. The rooms are fine. Breakfast is simple , boiled eggs, muffins, yogurt, cereal, ideal starting point for you fall journey south or undead end if journey north.

• Stayed September 2013
Barre, Vermont
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My room was small single, quite comfortable, up-to-date and spotlessly clean; windows that OPEN, in-room Keurig, flatscreen TV. (My only complaints: The mattress was a little soft & the air conditioner was very noisy.) NCM has a nice clean pool & hot tub area, lovely flowers and lawn chairs on the balconies, The breakfast room offers a nice variety (coffee, juices, yoghurt, bagels, cereal, etc.). The staff (including the young owner) is very friendly and helpful. All very good value for the money. I had a great 3-night stay. I would definitely recommend the Newport City Inn to friends visiting the NE Kingdom, and I would definitely stay here again myself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Quiet and clean, I was pleased with my recent stay at the Newport City Motel. Despite the place being fairly well-booked (the parking lot was full every night I was there), I was surprised to find that the motel was very quiet and that guests seemed to turn in fairly early.

Decent continental breakfast - good variety of offerings, pretty much in line with expectations for a budget motel. Pool and hot-tub are either new or have been refurbished fairly recently. Even though the place had a lot of guests, I had the pool to myself every time I went (I went a couple of evenings and one time in the afternoon).

Rooms themselves are solid. Bed was comfortable, there was a decent desk by the window to use one's computer, and there was plenty of space for luggage and for clothing storage. I do wish the windows had been a bit larger, as the room was very stuffy even with windows fully open, but I wanted to get fresh air instead of using the air conditioner. Bathroom was fine, although it may be a bit on the tight side for taller people.

Parking lot was awful. It was very difficult to navigate unless almost empty - it really isn't big enough for the number of spaces marked off, since there isn't enough room between the end of the spaces in the center of the lot and end of the spaces that are at the edges of the lot. I had a hard time maneuvering my truck around it, although maybe a compact car wouldn't have the same issue.

However, the parking lot was a very minor quibble, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

It's not a pricey big hotel chain but it has most of the amenities. First, you walk into a clean updated room. Our room was the size of many chain hotels. They have an extended stay building which offers suites. We were close to the marina which was our reason for being in Newport, VT. The bike path was right in the area and that was another reason we picked this motel. I was surprised that the pool was open later than many chain hotels. The pool and hot tub were a nice size. We didn't use the exercise room since we had outdoor activities planned. In the morning there is a breakfast room where we had the choice of cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee etc. This was included in our room rate that was really reasonable. Many people at the hotel were there for a wedding at the marina and it was still very quiet when they returned.

My husband and I will go there again because we want to spend the day on the big bike path that goes into Canada. We'll ride and have lunch in Canada then return. We only did the Rec. Bike Path down near the marina this time. You can ride farther if you wish right off of this path and we did but we only did about 6 miles. It is mostly flat and my kind of riding.

Room Tip: We got a room on the second floor that had two beds for comfort. There are chairs to sit out on up...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank yellowbirdVermont
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is a middle of the road type hotel --not chain. It has few amenities and rooms are small but clean. Bathrooms are tiny, but again clean. Carpeting in our room could have been cleaner but bed was comfortable and TV worked fine. Ironing board needs a new cover and was almost unusable. No elevator so if you are hauling much luggage be aware. Parking is tight but ample. On a positive note they have Keurig single cup coffeemakers in the rooms with good Green Mountain Coffee.

Room Tip: There us a newer section and I would recommend that if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank kcarbfaith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
Hotel & Spa Etoile-sur-le-Lac
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
#1 of 1 in Jay

Been to Newport City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!