“Overnight Stay Pleasant”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newport
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Overnight Stay Pleasant”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I arrived late in the evening and checked in and found it to be quite quaint and warm. The girl at the desk was very open, friendly and smiled as if it were early morning. That is a treat in itself these days!
The room was small, but very clean and well arranged, cable tv, cofee maker, and spacious enough for a weary overnight traveler to get some much needed sleep. There are no eatining facilities on site but for breakfast, I recommend The Black Cow also located just down the street on Main itself.
Well worth the price and I left well rested and satisfied!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Massena, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have stayed here every year now for the past five years. We like Newport so much that we have brought friends and family along with us. This motel is very clean and comfortable. The personnel are very friendly and helpful. Their prices are reasonable. Breakfast is included. It's a typical continental offered in a pleasant room with lots of windows which is nice on a sunny morning.

Room Tip: The bed in Room #30 is quite noisy, even just turning over. Told them about it. Never encountered...
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel is very nice, and has updated with a Keurig coffee maker and flat screen TV's. They have also have updated so you get many more channels. Unfortunately their Internet service is still very poor, so do not expect to hook up and get great service, but for us that was not important.

They provide breakfast as part of your stay, but nothing hot, except making toast. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and when we travel through Vermont we stay here, as it is not far off the Interstate, and is very relaxing.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were surprised by how good this motel was after having experienced much worse ones at a higher price. The room was large, nice bathroom, excellent helpful staff and good breakfast for a motel. Walking distance from town and the lakeshore (about a mile). Would definitely recommend.

Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Oh my god! I forgot my cell phone in the room! My worst nightmare, my life is in that phone. The employees were so nice. They made sure it was mine by asking a few questions. They sent me my back my phone by courier and two days later it arrived at my home. We will definitely go back on our way back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I messed up. I booked a motel with nearly the same name as this one by mistake. I was offered outstanding assistance by the member of staff on duty to sort it out. I would rate that 15 out if 10. The rooms are fine. Breakfast is simple , boiled eggs, muffins, yogurt, cereal, ideal starting point for you fall journey south or undead end if journey north.

• Stayed September 2013
Barre, Vermont
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My room was small single, quite comfortable, up-to-date and spotlessly clean; windows that OPEN, in-room Keurig, flatscreen TV. (My only complaints: The mattress was a little soft & the air conditioner was very noisy.) NCM has a nice clean pool & hot tub area, lovely flowers and lawn chairs on the balconies, The breakfast room offers a nice variety (coffee, juices, yoghurt, bagels, cereal, etc.). The staff (including the young owner) is very friendly and helpful. All very good value for the money. I had a great 3-night stay. I would definitely recommend the Newport City Inn to friends visiting the NE Kingdom, and I would definitely stay here again myself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Jay Peak Resort
The Tram Haus Lodge at Jay Peak Resort
Ripplecove Lakefront Hotel and Spa
Horizon Hotel
Horizon Hotel
#5 of 5 in Sutton
Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe
Auberge des Appalaches

Been to Newport City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!