“Beautiful accommodations in quiet country”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Troy
Journey's Salon & Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 North Troy B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Beautiful accommodations in quiet country”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at Journey's Guest House on a trip up to the north country. I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful oasis that Julie has created in North Troy. The rooms (and I was able to see all of them) were tastefully and artistically decorated and the house was filled with incredible artwork, most of which was for sale and some of which was done by Julie herself. While the bathroom was downstairs, I never felt it an inconvenience, and the house had several nice common spaces for reading, relaxing, and eating. A fully accessible kitchen was available, and in the morning Julie had prepared a tasty continental breakfast. There were many nice touches, and if I find myself up in the area in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. I should also add that Julie was very accommodating when I needed to arrive late, which I know was an inconvenience for her. All in all, one of the better places I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Beehive room, which was cozy and nice. I peeked into the other unoccupied rooms and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My boyfriend, dog and I just came back from our 3 nights stay at The Journey's Salon & Guest House. The house and rooms are very cozy, and Julie makes you feel like you are at home. A healthy breakfast is waiting for you in the morning, and you are at a 10 minutes drive to the Jay Peak mountain. The house is at a walking distance to a supermarket and a really good restaurant "Tasting". We had a great stay, and will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My boyfriend, dog and I stayed at Journey's Guest House for a ski weekend at Jay Peak. It's very handy to the mountain and great value for money, Julie, the owner, was so welcoming to all 3 of us and her dog, Snow, is a real cutie. The house is beautiful, spotless and covered in amazing art. We stayed in the spacious Pixie Room and the bed was both comfy and cosy. The included breakfast was waiting for us when we got up; fresh and delicious. Nothing we needed was too much trouble for Julie.She knows the area well and provided great recommendations for dining. On top of being a wonderful host,I came to the weekend with my own hair colour disaster and Julie pulled out all the stops to fix my do! Simply amazing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thursdaygb
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at Journey's for New Year's eve and the house was perfect for the 6 of us. my girfriend and I stayed in the Beehive Room which was comfy and cozy much like the rest of the house. We arrived to a warm welcome from Julie who immediately made us feel at home. The house is clean and filled with awesome art and collectables. Julie's playlist of music that played throughout the weekend was perfect! I am looking forward to returning and would definitely recommend Journey's to anyone looking for a great place to stay. We were in close proximity to Jay Peak and Journey's and the fireplace there was a great place to come home to after a long day on the slopes! I wouldn't go to Jay Peak and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher S
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2014

When we decided to take a last minute ski trip for the New Years Holiday Journey's came up during the web search. We had three couples and Journey's had three rooms available so we decided to go for it. When we arrived we met Julie, the owner, and were immediately welcomed into her home. The group all arrived within an hour of each other and we settled in to the house. We had the Pixie room and it was a cozy space with a couple sitting chairs and cute decorations. The entire house was well decorated and very inviting. The house is within 20 minutes of Jay Peak which was quite convenient. I can't say enough good things about our time at the house. Dog friendly too!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were similar in size and matching accommodations.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VinrGar
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Journey's Guesthouse for three nights to celebrate New Years along with four of our friends. We stayed in the Pixie room and loved it. Julie was a terrific host and encouraged us to make the house our home away from home. The house is absolutely lovely, filled with beautiful art work, and very comfortable. She even allowed us to bring our two dogs and treated them like her own. The location was perfect for our group of skiers and snowboarders, just 15 minutes from Jay Peak mountain. If you are looking for a great stay at an affordable price near Jay Peak, this can't be beat!

Room Tip: The Bob room is the most spacious and attractive and has its own seating area. It shares a wall with...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Auburn, Maine, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had the pleasure of an overnight stay at Journey's and I LOVED every minute of it. We stayed in the Bob room which is spacious, comfy and immaculate as is the rest of the Guest house and Salon. While I was there I enjoyed a brilliant haircut and style left almost entirely in the hands of Julie's vision and expertise. I also had a french manicure which turned out beautiful. Every guest room and common area in the house is brilliantly decorated with personal touches and beautiful artwork. Julie the owner is very welcoming and encourages you to feel like you are at "home away from home" She was a pleasure to talk to and we became fast friends. I will definately stay there again and will bring friends and family with me next time!!

Room Tip: The Bob room is great for couples, The Pixie and Beehive rooms are lovely and whimsicle and would ma...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Jay
La Chouette De Mansonville
La Chouette De Mansonville
#1 of 2 in Mansonville

Been to Journey's Salon & Guest House? Share your experiences!