“Very poor customer service”
Review of Nordic Skater

Nordic Skater
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nordic Skater of Vermont is a small family business with the lowest prices and the widest selection in North America on cross-country skis, ice skates and roller skis. We specialize in mail-order sales and rentals of roller skis, with 5 brands and over 30 models in stock. Our vast selection and expert advice are just a phone call or mouse click away. If you're passing through the area, come visit our large showroom where you can try on our roller skis and ride around the store or the parking lot outside. We're always bringing in new items. Even if you don't see what you're looking for on our website, just give us a call and ask.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you visit this store, be aware that the prices have nothing to do with the various prices on the website. The website is home-made and so disorganized and poorly designed that it's probably impossible to keep it up to date.

The owner does not want the customers to touch any of the merchandise, and he gets very agitated about it. He also is unwilling to identify some of his merchandise by brand name and country of origin. He calls things by names like "standard" model and "elite" model, but avoids simple descriptions like brand and model.

His advice can be a complete contradiction of what he said two minutes ago. This is the exact product for your needs, and then, it's completely wrong for you and you shouldn't consider it. For the same product. He did not return repeated calls about some boots he said he would order for me. Eventually, after 8 unanswered phone calls and emails, I gave up I bought them elsewhere.

It's really weird talking to him; because he's very nervous and high-strung, and a bit wild-eyed. All in all, a waste of my time, and a person who was very unpleasant to talk to. A very bizarre and disturbing experience. A three-letter business bureau rates them with an F.

4  Thank WoodrowB2013
There are newer reviews for Nordic Skater

Reviewed 4 December 2013

You plan to buy at nordicskater...? Then here's what you should know before clicking on the «buy» icon:
1) employees are awesome and really helping you to find what you need. They will not put pressure on you and give you all the information you ask with all their knowledge and professionalism.
2) shipping was fine in my experience; fast and reasonably priced.
3) as long as your order respond to your demand and need no aftersale service everything is right. So far you're a happy customer, but... if something is wrong.
4) that's where the experience turns to a nightmare!
5) the great employees can't help you anymore because service request are responded (or not) by the owner. This means that he simply does not respond to you at all !! E-mail or phone, it's a dead-end ! Even if the company's rep is behind you! Will I buy again from nordicskater ? NEVER, and I will make sure as few people as possible do.
I'm sorry for the employees, it must be hard to work for someone who hides behind his employees.

6  Thank Alain B
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I found Nordic Skater online looking for a specific brand of skate ski boots. Quick response to my email inquiry, a friendly, reassuring phone call, and it was well worth my while to drive two hours from Seacoast New Hampshire. Sales staff were knowledgeable, respectful of my ideas, but offered several alternatives and demonstrated very clearly the pros and cons of each choice. Most important, though, I got home with boots that I am very happy with--and nothing else! Yes, I know where to go (Nordic Skater) if I need to upgrade my skis, but now I know what to do to turn up the skis I have and use them with the new boots, before investing more. The same with a hot wax kit - yes, it may be the thing to do, but check out a professional tune up first. It frankly would have been too easy to talk me into more purchases, but they assessed my needs and did not put selling me more than I could afford or immediately needed first. I will definately return!

2  Thank LoisSkis
Reviewed 5 March 2013

buyer beware. I bought online. They sent me boots a size too large, poles a size too small. Charged me $20 more for postage than they had told me without asking...just charged my card. Responded to my email initially and then I have had no futher contact.

7  Thank gaslamp76
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I had dealt with Nordic Skater on-line and on the phone. The staff were helpful, friendly, and trusting. I was nervous about roller skiing, and they talked me through their products and my anxieties--long-distance!--with great skill. When a trip took me to Vermont, I wanted to visit Nordic Skater. When I contacted them to find out their hours, the owner Jamie Hess kindly opened up the shop for me early on a Sunday morning, a closed day. He then helped me get outfitted and advised me on my options with great patience, even though he had another obligation that morning.

4  Thank Alison S