“This retailer should not be in business! Avoid at all costs.”
Review of Nordic Skater - MOVED

Nordic Skater
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nordic Skater offers the lowest prices and the widest selection in North America on cross-country skis, ice skates and roller skis. We specialize in mail-order sales and rentals of roller skis, with 5 brands and over 30 models in stock. Our vast selection and expert advice are just a phone call or mouse click away. If you're passing through the area, come visit our large showroom where you can try on our roller skis and ride around the store or the parking lot outside. We're always bringing in new items. Even if you don't see what you're looking for on our website, just give us a call and ask.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is my first review of any retailer, ever!

In the past 35 years, I have always had near perfect service whenever ordering anything online or by mail, but this retailer lives in a completely different world.

I ordered skis and bindings over the phone since they were not available where I lived and you can't really order them through the website. The owner must have been hung over when he took my order because he did not seem to understand what I wanted. I had to repeat myself several times when I ordered and I was not sure that I would get what I ordered.

When the skis and bindings arrived, the bindings were not set correctly. I politely asked to borrow the tool so that I could set them correctly. Owner agreed to give me the stupid plastic tool, which should have been included with my skis, but never followed through on that. I sent another follow up e-mail and that went unanswered.

It is not often in the USA that you pay your hard-earning money, get poor product, and then get horrible customer service. But. if you want that, this retailer is the one for you.

Now, I have a pair of skis with incorrectly set bindings that I have to take to a local retailer and pay for them to set the bindings correctly. And I paid $283 for that privilege!

Also, I asked three separate times for a invoice for my order and never got one. In the 35 years that I have been buying stuff, I have always got an invoice or a receipt whenever I have bought something. Haven't you?

Why no invoice? This guy must come from Greece! In Greece, nobody give invoices or receipts because no one reports any income on their taxes. This guy must be doing the same thing to avoid paying taxes to the Internal Revenue Service.

His suppliers should discontinue supplying him, his potential customers should go elsewhere, and this guy find something else to do with his life that he is better suited for.

I hate to be harsh, but everything I write here is true.

6  Thank Bigmitch2014
in 21 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Yes they sent me the wrong bindings on the skates. Had to return at my cost. Calling and explaining seems to get you know where. I was told that because I live in VT I would get a shipping deal. When they made a mistake they told me I got a deal on shipping so I would have to pay to return due the their mistake. Never sent the skate guards in the 2nd package. They don't understand customer service......

4  Thank P Z
Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you visit this store, be aware that the prices have nothing to do with the various prices on the website. The website is home-made and so disorganized and poorly designed that it's probably impossible to keep it up to date.

The owner does not want the customers to touch any of the merchandise, and he gets very agitated about it. He also is unwilling to identify some of his merchandise by brand name and country of origin. He calls things by names like "standard" model and "elite" model, but avoids simple descriptions like brand and model.

His advice can be a complete contradiction of what he said two minutes ago. This is the exact product for your needs, and then, it's completely wrong for you and you shouldn't consider it. For the same product. He did not return repeated calls about some boots he said he would order for me. Eventually, after 8 unanswered phone calls and emails, I gave up I bought them elsewhere.

It's really weird talking to him; because he's very nervous and high-strung, and a bit wild-eyed. All in all, a waste of my time, and a person who was very unpleasant to talk to. A very bizarre and disturbing experience. A three-letter business bureau rates them with an F.

4  Thank WoodrowB2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013

You plan to buy at nordicskater...? Then here's what you should know before clicking on the «buy» icon:
1) employees are awesome and really helping you to find what you need. They will not put pressure on you and give you all the information you ask with all their knowledge and professionalism.
2) shipping was fine in my experience; fast and reasonably priced.
3) as long as your order respond to your demand and need no aftersale service everything is right. So far you're a happy customer, but... if something is wrong.
4) that's where the experience turns to a nightmare!
5) the great employees can't help you anymore because service request are responded (or not) by the owner. This means that he simply does not respond to you at all !! E-mail or phone, it's a dead-end ! Even if the company's rep is behind you! Will I buy again from nordicskater ? NEVER, and I will make sure as few people as possible do.
I'm sorry for the employees, it must be hard to work for someone who hides behind his employees.

7  Thank Alain B
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I found Nordic Skater online looking for a specific brand of skate ski boots. Quick response to my email inquiry, a friendly, reassuring phone call, and it was well worth my while to drive two hours from Seacoast New Hampshire. Sales staff were knowledgeable, respectful of my ideas, but offered several alternatives and demonstrated very clearly the pros and cons of each choice. Most important, though, I got home with boots that I am very happy with--and nothing else! Yes, I know where to go (Nordic Skater) if I need to upgrade my skis, but now I know what to do to turn up the skis I have and use them with the new boots, before investing more. The same with a hot wax kit - yes, it may be the thing to do, but check out a professional tune up first. It frankly would have been too easy to talk me into more purchases, but they assessed my needs and did not put selling me more than I could afford or immediately needed first. I will definately return!

2  Thank LoisSkis