“Decent beer and a good burger”

Jasper Murdock's Alehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jasper Murdock's Alehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jasper Murdock's Alehouse, a restaurant in Norwich, Vermont, features one restaurant menu, whether or not your preferred dining venue is the Pub, Outdoor Patio, Dining Room or Terrace. The menu is extensive, diverse and moderately priced, offering Pub favorites while adding more substantial entrees. A number of items include ingredients from Jasper Murdock Ales made on site. Our Norwich, VT restaurant and brewery feature seating available on a "first come, first served" basis in the Pub/Patio while reservations are available in the Dining Room and Terrace areas. Private, group dining is available for parties of 4 to 100.
State College, Pennsylvania
“Decent beer and a good burger”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A friend and I dropped in for dinner after a class at the nearby King Arthur baking center. We were a little tired and hungry, so the pleasant patio beckoned welcomingly. The patio adjoins a parking lot, so the view wasn't the greatest, but there were flowers and a big awning. The service was good - prompt and efficient. the food was tasty - an above average bar food burger and pulled pork sandwich. The craft beer was very good and I was pleased to have a half-pint option. It was exactly what we wanted at the end of a busy summer day.

• Visited July 2014

Des Moines, Iowa
“Great beer and good service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The selection of on-site brewed beer was awesome. I had the flight plus the IPA and they were great. I also had the crab cake and it was very good.

Visited June 2014
Vermont
“Above average”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I attended a business dinner at the Norwich Inn and my summary is that it was good, not outstanding, but good. The service for seven of us was a little slow, but our server was attentive, and followed through on all of our requests.
For my meal, I had the warm goat cheese salad followed by the pepper crusted chicken and alfredo. The salad was excellent and my entree was good, but not overwhelmingly so. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give my meal a solid 7.
My colleagues all had good meals, but nobody raved about the meal.
I will add that the staff did well to accommodate our group. As I said, we were a business meeting, and we were able to have a private room where we could shut the doors. There were a couple of other groups, one being a (happy) noisy group celebrating just outside of the area we were in, so it was good to be able to close the doors where we could have a private discussion.
Overall, I am going to stick with my 7 out of 10 rating. Solid food, decent service, but not blown away by the experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank InSearchofQ
Albuquerque
“Excellent pub and good restaurant”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We ate at the pub when the restaurant was full but also ate at the restaurant several times in the past year. The pub was busy and noisy -- as pubs should be -- and the food (with the same menu as the restaurant, I believe) was good. The restaurant itself is dignified and you really are made to feel the overall ambiance of the inn with old photos and artwork on the walls and the relaxed service. The food was quite good and contributed to the pleasant overall experience. I would go back for a nice quiet dinner with friends.

• Visited April 2014
Centerville, Massachusetts
“Nice Service and Good Food”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nicely decorated, good food, decent prices and great service. Nice place to visit again in the future.

Visited March 2014