“King Arthur Cooking class -- first class!”
Review of King Arthur Flour

King Arthur Flour
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: King Arthur Flour's Baker's Store & Café is packed with everything you need for your very best baking, from hard-to-find ingredients, innovative gadgets, and top-quality pans, to easy mixes and a huge selection of baking basics. Grab a pastry or lunch from our café; relax and check your email with our free WiFi; and connect with our expert staff about all your baking questions.Our store is open and ready for your visit!
Middlebury, Vermont
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“King Arthur Cooking class -- first class!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had a great experience attending a pizza cooking class at the King Arthur educational center, which is attached to their fabulous store and restaurant. Conveniently so, and great marketing, because after taking one of their courses, you'll want to make sure you have all the right equipment and ingredients to recreate at home what you have just learned -- genius!

My class was an overnight course, with 4 hours Friday night followed by an all-day session on Saturday. The facility for teaching is top-notch, with just the right amount of space for each student....nice wooden work surface, all the tools you'll need nearby, and aprons are provided. No matter where you are in the classroom, you'll be able to view what's going on with the instructor at the head table by the large-screen overhead monitors, although I would advise getting to the first session a bit early to pick the seat you prefer. I liked being up close, in the front row.

They served us a nice lunch (included in the cost of the course) in a separate conference room, buffet style, but we were all disappointed that while there were both meat and vegetarian options, where was the BREAD?? Well, we got our fill after all, once we were baking and tasting all the varieties of pizza pies that we were making.

It was really fun, and even though most people came with a friend or a spouse, there were others too like me who came just by themselves. Nice to meet everyone and have fun learning and cooking together. The courses are an investment, so although I live here in Vermont and have ready access to this facility, I will need to save up again for another fun educational experience!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank suzinvt

Norwich, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Baking and eating - superb”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great food to eat or take out; superb baking supplies and education (course are typically oversubscribed). Great for breakfast or lunch - eat there or at home. Dinner available for take out/cook at home.

Providence, Rhode Island
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“King Arthur class and Quechee, VT visit”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

An excellent experience at the baking school. Lots of fun and lots to learn Great shop to buy supplies and awesome cafe to sample some delicious bakery items

Chatham, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A spouse review...”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The review by 808leiei is spot on. My husband took the same course this week. I spent many comfortable hours in the cafe area reading and computing. Every employee that I encountered was friendly and helpful. A short trip to the Science Musuem and across the Connecticut River into Hanover, NH were nice diversions.

Worcester, Massachusetts
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Top Notch Baking Classes!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A friend of mine told me about the King Arthur Baking Education Center. We finally had the opportunity to visit this past weekend and now we can't wait to go back! In the morning, we took the Cake 101 class and in the afternoon it was Advanced Cake Decorating Techniques. Both classes exceeded our expectations! The Classroom (The Sands Room) was great and the instructors (Melanie in AM and Elizabeth) were excellent. Learned so much and can't wait to go back! The is a wonderful Café there were you purchase food for breakfast or lunch. The sandwiches we had for lunch were awesome. There is also a very large store there with all sorts of neat cooking/baking gadgets and boxed mixes. I was 150% satisfied with my day at King Arthur! Highly recommend it!

1 Thank LovesToTravel716