“A Baker's Paradise”
Review of King Arthur Flour

King Arthur Flour
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: King Arthur Flour's Baker's Store & Café is packed with everything you need for your very best baking, from hard-to-find ingredients, innovative gadgets, and top-quality pans, to easy mixes and a huge selection of baking basics. Grab a pastry or lunch from our café; relax and check your email with our free WiFi; and connect with our expert staff about all your baking questions.Our store is open and ready for your visit!
Falmouth, MA
172 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 262 helpful votes
“A Baker's Paradise”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you have any interest in baking this is a must stop. It has everything any baker could want or need. The only drawback are the prices and one can get much better deals online for baking utensils. But, we managed to fill up several shopping bags!

Visited May 2014

Olympia, Washington
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Don't just stop in, sign up for classes!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am currently taking the Artisan Breadmaking Class at KAF and have learned SO much! Having tried to teach myself for, um, too many years, I finally have the answers to my breadmaking mysteries. It is "hands on" learning by great instructors.

I will definitely be back!

Visited May 2014
Middlebury, Vermont
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“King Arthur Cooking class -- first class!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had a great experience attending a pizza cooking class at the King Arthur educational center, which is attached to their fabulous store and restaurant. Conveniently so, and great marketing, because after taking one of their courses, you'll want to make sure you have all the right equipment and ingredients to recreate at home what you have just learned -- genius!

My class was an overnight course, with 4 hours Friday night followed by an all-day session on Saturday. The facility for teaching is top-notch, with just the right amount of space for each student....nice wooden work surface, all the tools you'll need nearby, and aprons are provided. No matter where you are in the classroom, you'll be able to view what's going on with the instructor at the head table by the large-screen overhead monitors, although I would advise getting to the first session a bit early to pick the seat you prefer. I liked being up close, in the front row.

They served us a nice lunch (included in the cost of the course) in a separate conference room, buffet style, but we were all disappointed that while there were both meat and vegetarian options, where was the BREAD?? Well, we got our fill after all, once we were baking and tasting all the varieties of pizza pies that we were making.

It was really fun, and even though most people came with a friend or a spouse, there were others too like me who came just by themselves. Nice to meet everyone and have fun learning and cooking together. The courses are an investment, so although I live here in Vermont and have ready access to this facility, I will need to save up again for another fun educational experience!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank suzinvt
Norwich, Vermont
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Baking and eating - superb”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great food to eat or take out; superb baking supplies and education (course are typically oversubscribed). Great for breakfast or lunch - eat there or at home. Dinner available for take out/cook at home.

Visited April 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“King Arthur class and Quechee, VT visit”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

An excellent experience at the baking school. Lots of fun and lots to learn Great shop to buy supplies and awesome cafe to sample some delicious bakery items

Visited April 2014