“Flour, they have flour!”
Review of King Arthur Flour

King Arthur Flour
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Norwich
More attraction details
Owner description: King Arthur Flour's Baker's Store & Café is packed with everything you need for your very best baking, from hard-to-find ingredients, innovative gadgets, and top-quality pans, to easy mixes and a huge selection of baking basics. Grab a pastry or lunch from our café; relax and check your email with our free WiFi; and connect with our expert staff about all your baking questions.Our store is open and ready for your visit!
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

If you're a baker, then this is the place for you. They have all kinds of King Arthur flour for the bakery chef in your family.
We looked around, then had lunch. Just some pizza, soda, and a chocolate tart that was sooooooo good. Very rich chocolate for the chocolate connoisseur.
They have baking classes too.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

What a wonderful place for bakers to browse, learn and buy!! I recently made a trip here with
a friend and we came away with bags of mixes, utensils, and lots of ideas for baking at home.
The large windows which surround the in-house bakery make it fascinating and easy to watch their bakers at work. Food in the cafe was fresh and delicious. We had so much fun that we
stopped in for a second day before leaving for home. Absolutely worth the trip!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We visited after a trip to Montshire for lunch. The food was very good. Everyone enjoyed their sandwiches and sides. It can be a little costly for a family for lunch. The desserts are amazing! The store is a bakers heaven. There are so many mix choices. It is not the most child friendly place to shop with a group. There is a small kitchen in the back in the children's section, make sure you see if there are samples.

1  Thank Alana K
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love to bake and have made two trips to this Mecca for bakers. Both times I attended with the same friend, another enthusiastic home baker. We have taken Petite Pastries, Breakfast Buns, and Cookie Decorating classes.
Generally, our classes have been excellent. The facility is top-notch, with plenty of light and work space. The equipment is high quality and the ingredients are too. King Arthur classes are a well-oiled machine. The topic is narrow and the instructors are generally quite good at guiding the class of 16 through the process. In all cases I came out of the class with an appreciation for the process, a firm grasp of the techniques, and some very tasty samples of my work.
The cookie class was somewhat disappointing. By the time we made our icing, we had only one hour to decorate. I felt the time was not allotted well and the instructor didn't plan as carefully as she might have. Having had such excellent experiences in my other two classes, the lack of preparation was glaring in this instance. But people have off days, and I still learned a great deal.
If you take a class, give yourself plenty of time to get there and return home. The classes are pricey and you want to be relaxed and anxiety-free while you are there.
The store is a real treat. Wait till after your class to shop, as they will introduce you to tools and/or ingredients that you may want to buy. Prepare to spend a significant amount of time browsing and reading. They carry high-quality kitchen implements and linens, in addition to a dizzying array of pans, flours, exotic and familiar ingredients, cookbooks, and lots of baking mixes.
The cafe makes wonderful food and good coffee. You can also buy freshly baked King Arthur bread. This place smells amazing and it's perched in the mountains of Vermont. Who could ask for more?

KingArthurFlour, Customer Support at King Arthur Flour, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thanks for your review and your feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your cookie class and felt the instructor did not manage the time well. I will pass your comments on to our Baking Education Center. We really do appreciate the opportunity to improve! Thanks, Barb@KAF

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am not really a baker, but this is one heck of a place, everything you could ever imagine for baking... hundreds of mixes for different types of pancakes, muffins, sconces, cakes... But there is almost something for everyone who cooks, organic flours, breads, sauces, toppings... The surprise was this a great spot for lunch, they make really great deli sandwiches, I had a roast beef with argula and blue cheese aloi, and my husband throughly enjoyed his brisket and black bean salad. they have take out too...