“Love King Arthur!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Norwich
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: King Arthur Flour is America's oldest flour company and premier baking resource. At our Baker's Store you'll find everything you need to get baking, from hard-to-find ingredients to classic and innovative tools and gadgets, complete with expert assistance from our friendly and knowledgeable employee-owners. Enjoy soups, salads and sandwiches from our cafe, plus artisan breads and pastries made right on site in the King Arthur Bakery.
Memphis, TN USA
“Love King Arthur!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

King Arthur was one one of my spots that I had to visit on this trip. It was NOT a disappointment! New, very attractive restaurant, bakery, and retail store. It was great to see all of the things which, before, only saw in their catalog. I would love to live closer!

2 Thank ramcclain

Harwich, Massachusetts
“Calling King Arthur fans”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Ok, maybe you don't know they make more than just flour! They have a great online site, which I use often, but finally made the trip to their flagship store in Vermont. They have very high quality product, which does cost a little more, but the value is worth it. Their new gluten-free line is terrific, and their lemon cloud cookies a don't miss, plus their various mixes and of. Ourselves all kinds of kitchen tools. Their chocolate lava cake mix is sumptuous.

The cafe is a great and busy spot for lunch, delicious sandwiches, soups, desserts, although a little slow. It would be nice if they had more samples out around the store, but I would probably bought even more product than I did!

So if you're in the middle of VT or NH, this is a nice detour for something a little different.

Norwich, Vermont
“Totally Yummy.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great for snacks. Excellent for lunch. Great if you need to recharge during your tour of New England.

Get there early and/or go mid-week. There is almost always a line at lunchtime.

Visited October 2013
RICHMOND
“Yummy sandwiches, soup and dessert”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had lunch here with another couple after visiting the shop. We had the sandwich of the day, roast beef, black bean burger and a delicious soup. No one was disappointed with their choices. I had a seven layer type bar for dessert which was very good.
We purchased rolls and a soup mix to have for dinner which did not disappoint.
We were treated very nicely from the moment we entered the establishment.
Fun experience overall.

Albuquerque
“Great store, disappointing breads”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am an avid baker and looked forward to visiting King Arthur's. The store did not disappoint but the bakery let me down. I like bakeries where you can sample several breads -- such as at Bread & Cie in San Diego where you can order "bread" as a menu item and you get a huge pile of three kinds of breads. (Or even Beyond Bread in Tucson where they have samples of odd pieces -- with butter -- for you to sample.) At King Arthur's I was told the only way to sample bread was to order toast and not have it toasted. The two kinds of breads I had were small -- like a serving of toast as a side dish -- and quite light and not glutinous, qualities I am not looking for in breads. It may be that I did not figure out how to order what I wanted but I was disappointed. The coffee was good and so was the pastry my partner got so the visit was quite successful EXCEPT FOR BREAD. The price was fairly high for self-service but not out of line.

• Visited September 2013