“Relaxing stay at an Idyllic Inn”
Review of The Norwich Inn

The Norwich Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Norwich B&B and Inns
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
“Relaxing stay at an Idyllic Inn”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Our family stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed every minute. The rooms are excellently done and completely relaxing. The bath had a towel warmer which the kids loved, there was an iPhone dock in the room, so no worrying about where your charger is. The restaurant and bar are nicely done and the food was delicious. The restaurant took us without reservations and the prices are comparable to any sit-down chain around. We walked the neighborhood one evening enjoying the beautiful architecture throughout the neighborhood, and then enjoyed the rest of our evening sitting on the porch of the Inn in their rocking chairs. The staff was great and payed special attention to our needs and questions. We had an absolutely wonderful time. We would go back again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My family has stayed there often over fifty years and have had a wonderful experience every time. Our last visit was a family reunion as several family members have attended Dartmouth College. We brought my 93 year old mother who had stayed at the Inn several times back in the late sixties! She had a ball reminiscing about how the Inn had changed, yet kept its true New England feel. The staff at the Inn was so accommodating to our large group... everyone loved staying there. We had cocktails on the outdoor porch, a lovely dinner in a private room, and then headed to the lively, fun pub after dinner was over.
I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone (and have recommended it several times to friends). I plan to keep returning to this wonderful place.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are spacious.
Avon Lake, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This past week I traveled to pick up my daughter from Dartmouth and decided to bring friends. As usual we stayed at the Norwich Inn where my friends were able to experience their first New England trip. We were always greeted by the friendly staff and the Inn was charming as ever. In fact there was a special meal with TV chef Mary Ann Esposito one of the nights in the dining room. The food is delicious (amazing breakfast) and the tavern is cozy. Now that the weather is warm they have a beautiful patio and garden to enjoy coffee or a cocktail. I guess my favorite thing about the Norwich Inn is being able to enjoy all the different areas of the Inn and meet many interesting people. This Inn is truly a gem in Vermont! Beth F

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
NewEngland
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have just returned from a very pleasant overnight stay at the Norwich Inn. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a room with two doubles from a room with two twins. I did not inquire about an upgrade, it was just offered and I gladly accepted. I found my room to be comfortable and quite clean. The common areas were warm and inviting and equally well kept. All of the staff I encountered were pleasant, friendly and helpful. I had dinner and breakfast in the inn's dining room and was pleased with the service and food. I enjoyed morning coffee in a rocker on the front porch while watching the small town come to life. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have been taking my Mom to the Norwich Inn for years from Long Island as it is her favorite place and I can only say that I have never encountered a more accommodating staff than at the Norwich Inn. On a recent visit, my Mom was feeling faint and they helped me escort her to our room and checked on us often to see if they could assist. I have just booked another a few days that I needed to change because of health issues and they were extremely helpful in making the changes. The Inn staff make you feel like part of thier happy family and I always look forward to my return.

Pasadena, California
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I can only speak to their phone customer service because we had to cancel our reservation. The customer service was terrible. Really really terrible. After I asked to cancel my reservation I politely asked if there was anyway to get our deposit refunded. I knew that they said it was
'non-refundable' so I didn't get my hopes up, but it doesn't hurt to ask. The man I was speaking with became angry, rude and insulting. I was really baffled by the interaction because I wasn't expecting a refund, I had just asked on the off chance something could be worked out. When we do go back to visit Dartmouth we will be staying elsewhere- I will not give this establishment my money. It was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ErickaAndFamily
Jasper27, Owner at The Norwich Inn, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
We acknowledge that the person this customer initially spoke with was not as professional as is a our standard. He has been at the Inn for years and we get many compliments about his usually warm demeanor. In a subsequent conversation, our Innkeeper spoke with the customer at length and expressed an apology on behalf of the inn and felt that the conversation was mutually cordial and respectful. Given the second discussion, we were taken aback by these comments on Tripadvisor.
We stand by our deposit policy, which is in effect for only a few key weekends each year. It is relatively new to us and made necessary by a growing trend of cancellations very close to the arrival date for rooms we have held for the customer as long as a year. We understand how unexpected things can occur in travel plans and we try to be flexible, but often it is not possible. As plans for these weekends are made far in advance, it is very difficult to refill cancelled rooms on short notice. A small business cannot afford this outcome.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have stayed at the Inn many times over the years, and each experience has been truly wonderful. The Inn captures the beauty of Norwich, lovely and quant, with all the modern conveniences one would want.

Their customer service is Excellent … top notch. The kind and caring staff is always ready to help, with a warm and friendly smile. I’ve stayed at many great hotels in my life, and none have compared to the Inn.

So if you’re looking for a beautiful setting, luxurious rooms, great food, and a fun pub and outdoor patio, with excellent customer service, then the Inn is your place.

I always leave there wishing I could stay longer, and anxious to return.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a room with the quant feel of an Inn, then staying within the Inn is best...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Claudia F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon

Been to The Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!