“Wedding Night”

Ranked #1 of 3 Norwich B&B and Inns
Springfield, Vermont
“Wedding Night”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I were married on May 19th. We're not taking our honeymoon until later but wanted to stay somewhere special on our wedding night. Neither one of us had ever been to the Norwidh Inn but from the pictures online it looked beautiful. What a perfect place to stay for our wedding night! The front desk person was so sweet to us and the room was gorgeous. Thank you Norwich Inn!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The Norwich Inn is a special place. My wife and I first visited in 1965 while hunting for a teaching job as college seniors. We thought it would be fun to make a return visit as retirees 47 years later in May of 2012. We specified a modest room in the inn similar to what we had as students. All was as we remembered. Our room was cozy and updated with a comfortable bed and antique looking bathroom with an old-fashioned pedestal sink that shined like new. It was good to see that the old inn had been well cared for over the years. It was a bit strange to find that on Mondays the inn only offers a free continental breakfast with nice fresh baked assortment, cereals, juice and coffee (apparently it is the chef's day off for breakfast), but we were fine with that. The next day (Tuesday) there was no free breakfast, but we could order anything we liked, and we were happy to have pancakes with Vermont maple syrup. The first night we ate in the dining room and, although I can't remember what I had, I do recall we both enjoyed our meal and resolved to eat at the inn again the next night. Our second night we decided to eat at the inn's pub, Jasper Murdock's Alehouse. It was another great event-- we both sampled some of the Norwich Inn's micro-brewed beer, and it was terrific. It is especially interesting that the inn has a brewery of its own in the back of the property. The beer brewed there is elaborately pumped (not using pressurization) deep underground straight through to the pub at the perfect natural temperature. The Red Ale was superb. Lastly, for those who enjoy a spacious room that is luxurously appointed, you can choose a room in their new modern building adjacent to the inn-- I had a peek, and it was really quite sumptuous. Next time through we'll probably stay there.

Room Tip: For a taste of history, stay at the inn. For maximum comfort ask about the new adjacent building ac...
1 Thank Phil G
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband and I had never stayed at the Norwich Inn but had heard lovely things about it. We have a dog and were delighted to learn that they had pet friendly rooms in the Ivy Lodge. The room was wonderful, spacious and comfortable with a gorgeous shower and bath. We booked the spring "Romance Package" which included a bottle of chilled sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries which were delicious! We had a wonderful dinner in the dining room and a delicious full breakfast the following morning. My husband brought his bike and the folks at the front desk were very helpful in suggesting good bike routes which he really enjoyed while I took the dog for some gorgeous walks in the charming neighborhoods surrounding the Inn. We also enjoyed shopping at a fun outdoor flea market in nearby Lyme. The Inn is minutes away from Dartmouth College so we were able to get together with our son, too which was great! We loved our stay and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The dog friendly room in the Ivy Lodge was great! Clean, spacious and inviting including an outdoor...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Our family stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed every minute. The rooms are excellently done and completely relaxing. The bath had a towel warmer which the kids loved, there was an iPhone dock in the room, so no worrying about where your charger is. The restaurant and bar are nicely done and the food was delicious. The restaurant took us without reservations and the prices are comparable to any sit-down chain around. We walked the neighborhood one evening enjoying the beautiful architecture throughout the neighborhood, and then enjoyed the rest of our evening sitting on the porch of the Inn in their rocking chairs. The staff was great and payed special attention to our needs and questions. We had an absolutely wonderful time. We would go back again without hesitation.

Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My family has stayed there often over fifty years and have had a wonderful experience every time. Our last visit was a family reunion as several family members have attended Dartmouth College. We brought my 93 year old mother who had stayed at the Inn several times back in the late sixties! She had a ball reminiscing about how the Inn had changed, yet kept its true New England feel. The staff at the Inn was so accommodating to our large group... everyone loved staying there. We had cocktails on the outdoor porch, a lovely dinner in a private room, and then headed to the lively, fun pub after dinner was over.
I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone (and have recommended it several times to friends). I plan to keep returning to this wonderful place.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are spacious.
Avon Lake, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This past week I traveled to pick up my daughter from Dartmouth and decided to bring friends. As usual we stayed at the Norwich Inn where my friends were able to experience their first New England trip. We were always greeted by the friendly staff and the Inn was charming as ever. In fact there was a special meal with TV chef Mary Ann Esposito one of the nights in the dining room. The food is delicious (amazing breakfast) and the tavern is cozy. Now that the weather is warm they have a beautiful patio and garden to enjoy coffee or a cocktail. I guess my favorite thing about the Norwich Inn is being able to enjoy all the different areas of the Inn and meet many interesting people. This Inn is truly a gem in Vermont! Beth F

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
NewEngland
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have just returned from a very pleasant overnight stay at the Norwich Inn. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a room with two doubles from a room with two twins. I did not inquire about an upgrade, it was just offered and I gladly accepted. I found my room to be comfortable and quite clean. The common areas were warm and inviting and equally well kept. All of the staff I encountered were pleasant, friendly and helpful. I had dinner and breakfast in the inn's dining room and was pleased with the service and food. I enjoyed morning coffee in a rocker on the front porch while watching the small town come to life. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to The Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!