“Vermont Dining in a Beautiful Restored Barn”

The Barn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Pawlet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Vermont Dining in a Beautiful Restored Barn”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our third time here at this great restored barn. It has what you come to Vermont for: huge stone fireplace, exposed beams, great locally sourced foods, excellent service, nice friendly bar on lower level and wonderful views. The prices are incredible for what they give you: $7 any appetizer, $13 for any dinner. The portions are large and all the food is fresh. The filet mignon is amazing, and no matter what we've had, it is high quality. Don't let the low prices fool you. PS: Leave room for their great desserts.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank whodunit29

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Our 1st visit”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our son & daughter-in-law took us her for an anniversary dinner. We ate upstairs and the ambiance is just lovely and we were fortunate enough to have a table by the window. The food was very good with smaller portions but what do you want when each entrée is $13.00 or less. Our sole complaint was our son & my husband ordered a Cesar salad and the server forgot to bring them. My husband asked to cancel them as we'd had an appetizer but the server brought them with the entrée which made the table a little crowded. We truly would have preferred that the salad order be cancelled but it wasn't.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank basketlady88
Vermont
“Vermont's little Secret”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Barn is actually an old converted barn. Plain on the outside, delicious menu on the inside. The inside atmosphere is of an old post and beam barn with an eat in loft. The menu has variety, and Every item is $13.00!! We were pleasantly surprised with the serving size. The food was served hot and in a timely fashion. We both enjoyed our entrees. Each table had a basket of hot crusty rolls with butter. Our waitress was very accommodating. I definitely would return with the value that you receive.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Cindy B
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Typical local restaurant with descent food”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were couple of times earlier in this restaurant and we had quite good memories of. This time we booked a New Year Eve dinner and somehow it was not the best decision. We were not aware that there would be only fixed menues available, fast delivery of all dishes, like we were in McDonald. No personalized atmosphere as we were used during our previous visits.
All in all solid place to go and to experience real local life and eating/drinking atmosphere locals enjoy.
Judging only only New Year Eve dinner I would rate the place 2, however due to previous very good experiences I rate it as I do.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dvorjanka1
Pawlet, Vermont
“It doesn't add up....”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been a regular at the Barn for years but due to an illness, I have not been able to get out much. A young man that lives next door checks on me and on this particular evening, I asked him if he would mind getting some food for me from the Barn. He ordered wings for my grandson and a filet mignon for me. When he returned to drop it off, I asked how much I owed him and he said $28. I asked him if he had gotten anything for himself and he said no. So how come it was so much if each entree is 13 and the appetizer was 7 plus tax, it should n't have been more then $23. I was going to call but realized it was in the middle of a Saturday night and didn't want to bother them with this but I am hoping the owners will read this and respond.

• Visited February 2014