“Awesome”

Ranked #1 of 2 Peru B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awesome”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very accommodating, great staff and amazing views of surrounding mountains. The fall foliage is just beautiful. BSL has so much more to offer, a must check out spot! Anytime of year BSL would be a superb location to come back to after a day of activities.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Brycek3389
JimDoria, Owner at Lodge at Bromley, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
We would like to thank you for staying with us during the fall foliage season. The leaves have been amazing this year, one of the best in years. The colors have been very vibrant, and the weather has been unbelievable. Clear blue skies all day, and great sleeping weather at night. Guests are starting to arrive in great numbers so please don’t hesitate to book with us today. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again when ski season starts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Our family has been going to the Bromley Sun Lodge for many years now during the ski season. Jim and Joyce (owners) always make us feel welcome and take the time to make sure guests are well taken care of. They are a lot of fun. In fact, the entire staff there has always been very kind and helpful. The lodge has a lot of character which his hard to find in today's chain motels/hotels. The rooms are nice, the food is always delicious, and it's just fun to hang out in the evenings in the main rooms off the lobby playing board games, billiards, watching the big screen t.v., or just chatting it up, or hanging out in the indoor pool. The location can't be beat...right on the mountain, and close to the town of Manchester for shopping and restuarants. Snowmobiling and winter sleigh rides are also just a short drive away. Many family memories have been made here, and I'm sure many more will be made.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ski4fun2013
JimDoria, Owner at Lodge at Bromley, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you so much for returning to our hotel each year. We really appreciate the fact that you choose our lodge when you visit Bromley. We are very close to everything Vermont has to offer, as you pointed out, and it is a bonus you can take advantage of not just great skiing, but activities like snowmobiling as well. For people who haven’t tried snowmobiling yet, it really is an amazing experience. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, and for being such wonderful guests.
Washington
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I guess this would be the last resort if you wanted to be close to the mountain. Otherwise, stay away! Arrived late at night; they had lost our reservation, waited for the man to finish his personal call, but lucky us, they had a room for us anyway ($119 in summer). It was way overpriced, stinky, worn carpet and just plain disgusting. There was no food available, so, lucky us, the man prepared a personal pizza ($20). The breakfast was just okay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank WashingtonDawn
JimDoria, Owner at Lodge at Bromley, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
We are sorry you had a negative experience at our hotel this summer. It is our goal to please all of the guests that stay with us, and we appreciate your feedback. However, if there was such a severe issue with your room, we wish you came to us immediately to give the staff a chance to address your concerns. We are glad our staff was able to re-open the kitchen just for you, after it had closed for the evening and make you something to eat after a long drive. We realize that other restaurants in the area close early on certain days. Thank you for your feedback, please call me directly if there is anything else we can do.

Travellers are raving about these Peru hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Let me preface this by saying I have NEVER written a review about a place. I am usually one to read the reviews not write them, but the experience I had at the Bromley Sun Lodge has pushed me to write my first review!

Here is a little background on this stay. My boyfriend and I decided to do a last minute getaway to Vermont for a night. In searching deals on the Internet, I stumbled upon the Bromley Sun Lodge and found a great rate on their site for 67 dollars for a queen room! I usually like to call the hotel to double check when I find a good deal. I made a phone call to the lodge and spoke to a nice gentleman who informed me if I paid 75 dollars I could get a room with a 'million dollar view balcony'. I took this gentleman's recommendation and made the reservation on the phone with him. He then informed me I would receive an email confirmation, which I never did. I guess looking back I should have been a little more concerned then.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon. After a nice 3 and a half hour drive, my boyfriend and I arrive at the lodge and are greeted by Jeff. Upon receiving the bill I noticed the price was higher than what I was told on the phone and saw online. I told him the rate I was quoted and even pulled up the website with the rate I saw, yet he refused to honor that rate. He then proceeded to tell me he was giving the room away and we should feel lucky we are even getting the higher price rate. He would not even let me explain myself and basically called me a liar because the rate I was told was never a rate they offer. I am a very laid back non confrontational person and this man was one of the rudest people I have ever come into contact with. He then made a phone call to the owner because he was so shocked I was trying to get to my quoted rate. After speaking to the owner, he returned and said 'fine, you can get your way, guess we will take the loss on the room', trying to make us feel like we did something so terrible. He really put a damper on the beginning on our trip with his complete lack of respect.

Overall, I would not recommend this place and would rather take my business elsewhere, where as a paying customer I am treated with respect. I have never been treated so poorly before and I am shocked that 'managers' at this establishment are able to get away with such rude behavior.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Ski8705
We apologize you didn’t enjoy your stay with us in August. There appears to have been some confusion as to which room you had booked on our website. When you arrived at the hotel you certainly should have felt welcome. Please call me directly. I would l appreciate the opportunity to talk to you in depth.
Springdale, Utah
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Its a pleasure staying there with such great service for everything nice and clean...the hospitality was incredible the people working there are special nice i even lost something there and they found it they sent it back to me in the mail. its worth staying there.....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tzvi s
We are all happy we were able to reunite you with your lost item and glad you enjoyed your stay. The staff takes a lot of pride in their jobs here and it is nice to hear positive feedback for their efforts. The recent renovations to the lobby, restaurant deck over looking the valleys of the Green Mountains and guest rooms certainly make the hotel much more comfortable. I will be sure to let the staff know how pleased you are with the hospitality.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed here i night and was a bit disappointed. It must be great to have the ski hill next door but in the summer, there isn't much to offer. The place was clean but the place needs some "freshening up", Dining area is so out of date... Breakfast was also very average. i only had sheets on the bed. No blankets to be found.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 654LucieM
JimDoria, Owner at Lodge at Bromley, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Im sorry you found our property to be only average, but I must disagree with the statement that there is nothing to do here at Bromley in the summer. We have over 20 rides here at the adventure zone, which are perfect for families with kids. Perhaps you are a bit older than most of our guests, sorry you didn't feel that the mountain had anything to offer you. Besides the attractions at Bromley, we also offer horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, swimming and scenic drives throughout the area. Again, these activities may not be your cup of tea, but they do appeal to younger couples with children. We appreciate your feedback on our new beds, modern hotels are switching from the old, comforter type bedding to a new triple sheet system with the blanket in between two sheets. If you had needed more than one blanket we would have been glad to supply one.
The dining room is a bit dated, but it is clean and comfortable and works well for our continental breakfast, which is free for our guests and includes fresh fruit, hot waffles, bagels, fresh pastries, and cereal. On the weekends we also do scrambled eggs and bacon. I'm not sure where you usually stay, but as far as complimentary breakfasts go, I don't see how you do better than that at no additional cost.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we hope to see you again soon.
Jim Doria
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Its clean but its still not a 3 star hotel, furniture is old, the bathrooms are Newly redone, service is outstanding, lobby is nice, pool could be bigger, stairways are not the cleanest i have seen around, the deck is great, Would come again

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Donna P
JimDoria, Owner at Lodge at Bromley, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
We are so glad you chose to stay with us in July. Thank you for noticing the upgrades that were completed in the lobby and front entrance, as well as the back deck. These are the first in a series of planned improvements for the hotel. We are happy that your kids enjoyed everything Bromley has to offer in the summer, between all the rides and our indoor pool they had lots to do. We appreciate your business and hope to see you this winter for some skiing and snowboarding.
Thanks again,
Jim Doria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Kimpton Taconic Hotel
#7 of 16 in Manchester
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to Lodge at Bromley? Share your experiences!