“You can NOT go wrong - home away from home”
Review of Swiss Farm Inn

Swiss Farm Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Pittsfield B&B and Inns
Bucks County, PA
“You can NOT go wrong - home away from home”
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Where to begin? We travel to Vermont about once a year from Phila./Allentown Penna. for a family ski vacation and meet some family from Ohio there as well. For years stayed at the wonderful Tupper Farm Lodge. The owners of the Tupper Farm retired from the B & B business a few years ago and recommended the Swiss Farm Inn to us and what an excellent choice! The ONE negative review posted here by the Ottawa folks had to have been a total communication break down because we have only ever had AMAZING experiences when staying at the Swiss Farm. The owners, Joyce & Roger, are very accommodating, personable, and have a great sense of humor. I love everything about this place... the rooms are fine, it's clean, and the FOOD IS UNREAL!!! I would highly and emphatically tell everyone/anyone to check out this home away from home in Pittsfield, VT. It is very inexpensive for what you get and I absolutely LOVE going there. We'll be heading back again in 6 weeks since we're lucky enough to do a second ski trip this year.
Many thanks to Roger, Joyce, kids, and the wonderful staff at the SWISS FARM INN!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clifton, NJ
Reviewed 5 May 2009

I have stayed at Swiss Farm many times over the last years. As a Vermont native, I can say that staying here is like staying with family. The whole Inn reflects Vermont life...from the workworked signs to the cozy den, and including sharing the breakfast table with other guests. As I have family in the area, I oftem make last minute reservations, and travel late to avoid traffic. The Stevens family has always been very flexible when it comes to making my reservations, have accomodated many late arrivals, and even added extra days or rooms to my rental without any issues. All of this combined with a great place to rest your head, that is clean, comfortable and affordable makes Swiss Farm a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank JennInJersey
Berkeley Heights,NJ
Reviewed 11 February 2008

We just got back from another stay at Swiss Farm Inn and it is the most enjoyable,relaxing,laid back Inn that you could ask for. The food is awesome, Killington is nearby and the hospitality is unbelievable.

The rooms are immaculate and breakfast (my favorite!) and dinner is great.The best thing is that the kids are welcomed and are free. In the summer we had a family reunion there and rented out all of the rooms.Roger and Joyce go out of their way each and everytime. We often see the same people there as there is no other place in the Killington area that gives you so much for the value.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Mendham, NJ
Reviewed 21 November 2007

I read the review by "Mel_CA" and felt compelled to respond. The Swiss Farm Inn is terrific. I'm a skier and loved the hospitality, ambiance, and of course the food. I stayed there last February for two nights and plan to stay there again this year. It's convenient to Killington and I left on the last day and drove down to Okemo on the way home to NJ. When I was there with a friend, it was pretty much packed with skiers and families. Everyone there had a great time.

I have no idea what Mel expected, but his review is waaaay off base.

Stayed February 2006
2 Thank NJ_skier
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 October 2005

I've stayed there with my ski club and solo for the past six years. The owners are truly great hosts, the rooms, dining area and sitting areas are sparkling clean. It is not for the "Four Seasons Type" - the Inn is for those who want a place to be near numerous mtn biking/hiking/snowshoeing trails, horseback riding and true working Vermont farms. Food is amazing and after a while, you see some familiar faces staying there. The Inn attracts the people you would want as your neighbors. It truly is like walking into Grandma's home.

Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2005

Once you walk in to the Swiss Farm you feel like you walked into grandma's house. This place just felt that comfortable. The staff are like family and will go out of thier way for you. If it is too crowded you can easily find yourself eating in the kitchen which is a true treat.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2004

My mother and I chose to stay at the Swiss Farm Inn because it had included breakfast and dinner with the cost of the room ($50 per person), which was convenient since the drive to the inn was about 7hrs. When my mother and I showed up for dinner and asked where we should sit, we were told that there was no room for us; they were expecting a tour group to come shortly for dinner and, besides, dinner was usually served at 6pm but that evening they were late because of the group (we had arrived at 6:40pm, and at that time it was after 7pm). However, they told us that we could sit in the kitchen and eat dinner there. Apparently, the innkeeper had put me down for a bed and breakfast for $35 per person (because the innkeeper knew about the tour group), an option I didn't even know existed because it was not advertised on the website nor relayed to me when I made the booking. I had no idea that dinner was an "option" or that it was at 6pm, because the advertisement stated only that dinner and breakfast were included with the room rate. My mother and I were forced to travel several miles to find a restaurant, since the area was remote and nothing was close by. We were very upset with the reception we received. Although the innkeeper apologized for the mistake, it certainly did not help with the treatment we received. This was my mother's first B&B experience- we only stayed the one night- and it will definitely be her last.

4 Thank Mel_CA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Sleep Woodstock Motel
Killington Motel
Killington Motel
#2 of 13 in Killington
Killington Grand Resort Hotel

Been to Swiss Farm Inn? Share your experiences!